DSG and second hand prices - ijws15
What is the general view on the VAG DSG gearbox after the VAG warranty expires - will it enhance or reduce the value of a car?
DSG and second hand prices - Paul I
Spec and condition of the car will have a bigger effect. The question should be with make X and model Y ; are people more likely to buy it with the DSG for example a Golf GTi in Red with DSG is wanted a Base model Passat in white and it probably won't help the value one bit.

As I have said on here before (and I used to work in a Fleet underwriters) it's a combination of things not just one thing that sells a car.
DSG and second hand prices - Bagpuss
I would try a DSG and see whether you like it. I had an A3 2.0TDI as a hire car with it fitted and, to be honest, most of the time it just felt like a normal automatic. Not really sure what I was expecting, but after the hype I thought it might add something new and amazing to the driving experience. The F1 gear change thing was fun and downchanges are extremely fast, though upchanges are sometimes a bit hesitant but after about half an hour the novelty wore off and I just left it in automatic mode. The lack of torque converter wind up under acceleration is interesting as is the way it slips the clutch in first gear when driving up the ramp from my underground car park space. Also the periodic clunks and bangs remind you that you have the privilege of having a seriously amazing piece of mechanical engineering under your bonnet.

I personally wouldn't pay anything extra for it though.
DSG and second hand prices - rtj70
If left in auto mode, without the torque converter, it will be a lot more economical than a true auto. And you have the option of overriding it. Win-win until it needs fixing....

... my Mondeo needed a new clutch/DMF late last year. This transmission has two clutches. How much to fix second hand? Great for first owners mind ;-)
DSG and second hand prices - John S
Bagpuss

I'd agree. Nothing special. Feels just like a decent normal auto. I had a 1.9 diesel Jetta on rent the other week, and it was some time before I saw DSG on the gear lever. Tried the 'manual' mode, but decided I'd really only use it to lock the car in a gear to avoid the box hunting up and down, and you can do that in a normal auto. No 'clunks and bangs' from this one.

JS
DSG and second hand prices - daveyjp
Everytime I'm in the Aygo manual and in heavy traffic (50 minutes to do 4 miles the other night) I remember one of the reasons I chose DSG - no aching left leg having to constantly dip and release the clutch!