Just bought one! - bbroomlea{P}
I think a moment of madness has landed me with a new TF. We were wanting to load off the MINI and get something even less practical after the MINI causing a few problems it was time to go.

Have to say was one of the best buying experiences Ive had, no pressure, sensible approach on price etc.

From Tuesday will have an 04 Black TF 160 with tan leather, and the best bit it only has 3K on the clock. I know its not everyones cup of tea, however it does seem like a lot of sports car for a reasonable amount of cash.

Negotiated a 12 month warranty into the deal as well although hoping not too need it, will give some peace of mind.

Will fit a low coolant alarm as well just to be on the safe side - although hoping that hgf will be many miles away.

Any other TF owners in the backroom?

Just bought one! - Civic8
Excepting its low mileage(too small amount for age)imo, and assuming its still had its services done, then good luck with it,i hope you have many trouble free years with it:)
Just bought one! - madf
I understand the NHS is quite good for those cases beyond normal pyschiatric care:-)

madf
Just bought one! - pendulum
The K Series - The engine for risk takers! I hope you enjoy your new car, and wish you the best of luck!
Just bought one! - stuartl
>>>>>The K Series - The engine for risk takers! I hope you enjoy your new car, and wish you the best of luck!

I wish you luck too as I imagine you will need it! You are certainly sensible to be keeping a close eye on the coolant level but I cant help thinking that on a three year old, 3000 mile car that in itself should have stopped you buying it.

Hopefully the good deal price-wise for the car will take into account the £1000 the HG will cost when it goes : o (

Personally I wouldn't go near anything with a K series in it and the resale value of MGF's and the amount of Rovers going for pennies reflects people's similar views.
Just bought one! - J Bonington Jagworth
"only has 3K on the clock"

I hope that doesn't mean it was off the road the rest of the time!

Good luck, anyway.. :-)
Just bought one! - bell boy
Drive backwards everywhere so you will see the tell tale steam straight away.

Thing is 3000 miles is low for a car 3 years old i hope you have lots of good fortune with it bbroomlea{P}
Just bought one! - Chips with everything
It's not 3K on a new engine is it?

I also had a concern on mileage being a little low, its actually 3,800 - i thought it was 3,080! Its been a 3rd summer car - 1 owner so it appears alll legitimate.

Its got a full service at least to back up miles and when I get the log book will contact the owner to guage its past!

Been looking for a long time, so hopefully got a good one
Just bought one! - Pugugly {P}
Oh enjoy it ! You know the risks and pitfalls, but people forget that they are very good drives, especially the TF.
Oh enjoy it ! You know the risks and pitfalls, but people forget that they are very good drives, especially the TF.

Certainly will enjoy - was pleasantly surprised how much better the 160 handles over the standard car, and is a bit of an animal compared to the Mini cooper it replaces! - infact think I may book my first track day (SWMBO will be using it Mon-Fri so will need to get some fun out of it!)

More than aware of HGF and hopefully preventative maintenance will see that one right!
Just bought one! - Pugugly {P}
Get onto an MG Forum read about the preventative work you can do on it and get it done. What colour is it ?
>>What colour is it ?

Its black (well it looks black) but its dark grey on the logbook! tan leather and a grey roof so its a bit out of the ordinary.

I will go and have a look at joining mgoc, however not quite ready for runs in the country to a CAMRA pub, although sure there will be pleanty of benefits besides!!
Just bought one! - barchettaman
tinyurl.com/2azofs

may prove a useful article. Apparently fitting the uprated LandRover head gasket removes the problem.
Just bought one! - stunorthants26
The black colour is called Anthracite - usually if u look at it in direct sunlight it looks very dark blue.

They arent as bad as they are made out to be. Usually people just neglect them and then moan when they go wrong. That said, its no MX-5 because you can neglect them.

Just bought one! - injection doc
chances are the speedo only works intermittanley, common fault on this model.
Doc
Just bought one! - bell boy
cable or electric? id?
Just bought one! - L'escargot
Check the brake discs ~ if they're original they're likely to be badly corroded. A lot of the corrosion will disappear with use of the brakes, but you may have to consider new discs ~ in conjunction with new pads of course. The fronts will clean up quicker/better than the rears.
--
L\'escargot.
Just bought one! - SteVee
infact think I may book my first track day (SWMBO will be using it Mon-Fri so will need to get some fun out of it!)<<

an excellent idea
see www.mgs-on-track.com
Cadwell suits the MG very well (IMO :-) )

The track day won't do it any harm at all and the MG clubs are one of the most experienced track day clubs in the UK.

make sure the roof is down whenever possible !
I have just picked her up - first impressions are very positive. Everything drives as you would expect on such a low mileage car. Garage have MOTd it and done an oil service today as well and has a clean bill of health.

Ride is a bit harsh, however my day car is an A4 so wouldnt expect the same level of comfort, however its very confidence inspiring through the corners - bucket loads of grip and feel.

Still not used to the power delivery though - 4K revs before anything happens which will suit SWMBO'd when she is using it to trundle to work every day but I will have to remember power isnt there like it is in my Audi!

So far, so good!!
Just bought one! - frazerjp
Well done on your new purchase bbroomlea, from an owner of a MG ZR ;)

mg-rover.org would help you out here.
--
Its not what you drive, its how you drive it! :-)
Just bought one! - MichaelR
How is the best bit the fact it only has 3k miles on it? 1k a year? I'd be worried. Long periods standing around are not good for a car.