In Praise of National Tyres. - Pugugly {P}
My BiL's E46 had a puncture due to a screw in tread, as he's away it fell to me to sort it. The tyres were bought and fitted at our local National tyres almost a year ago to the day and he paid a fiver for "insurance" - puncture was repaired in 15 minutes, wheel replaced and properly torqued up. The cost ? zero, nothing, zilch - No quibble, brilliant.

Handy that edit button !

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 06/10/2007 at 19:56

In Praise of Nantional Tyres. - JH
I just want to know who's going to point out the typo to PU?
JH
In Praise of Nantional Tyres. - Pugugly {P}
I found it !
In Praise of Nantional Tyres. - bell boy
sorry i missed how much it cost?
In Praise of Nantional Tyres. - jase1
Thing is, I got a tyre fixed with National earlier this week (screw in middle of tread), total cost £12.

So to pay a fiver, when the majority of tyres either (a) don't get punctured over the course of their lifetime, or (b) the buyer loses the £5 insurance, isn't going to lose National Tyres much!

A tyre takes 15 minutes to fix, so total £48/hr for labour only. It's reasonable but not earth-shattering.
I think a puncture repair for £12 is a bargain when you cost in all the component parts,skill and labour charges.
Did this also include a free balance and new valve as well?
In Praise of Nantional Tyres. - jase1
Receipt says "Repair Balance and Valve" so yes.
a proper bargain then at £12
In Praise of Nantional Tyres. - jc2
Formula1 autocentres offer free twelve month puncture repair cover on tyres bought from them as do several other companies.
In Praise of National Tyres. - LHM
I'd have to agree with NT's service. In my experience they've been quite happy to repair when other tyre chains have whistled through their teeth saying, "sorry, mate, too near the sidewall - needs a brand new tyre".
In Praise of National Tyres. - Bill Payer
Doesn't the fiver cover replacement of tyre, less deduction for wear, if it can't be repaired?
In Praise of National Tyres. - Pugugly {P}
Yes, on a sliding scale for wear and it covers the tyre life.
In Praise of National Tyres. - Vansboy
Not free repairs, but a 5 year guarantee (of sorts) www.justtyres.com/guarantee.php
& they have some pretty good prices, too!

Mrs V had her first set of Toyos on her Mx'5 a couple of months back, for about £120 all in, from them

The Bridgestones were down to just over 3mm, even wear at 33k, so replaced early. We'll see how long lasting these grippy ones last!!

Without punctures, we hope!

VB