Where to advertise for free - wazza
I have a Ford Mondeo diesel for sale. Have already placed an advert on this fabulous website. Apart from pistonheads.co.uk is there any other websites where one can advertise for free. I thought i will give them a try first before advertising in autotrader

Thanks in advance
Where to advertise for free - Mapmaker
gumtree
Where to advertise for free - GregSwain
adtrader.co.uk
Where to advertise for free - james86
I know a couple of people who have sold cars via Facebook (the "Facebook Marketplace"). Possibly not quite the kind of place you were looking for but worth a try!
Where to advertise for free - Nsar
Ebay will prob only cost a few quid-get it right and you won't have afternoons wasted waiting for tyre kickers and no-shows
Where to advertise for free - movilogo
When I sold my last car I tried with several free sites - didn't get a single response over weeks!

Got 20 calls within 24 hours of placing the ad on Auto trader! Within 2 days the car was sold.

Where to advertise for free - Lou_O
gumtree

Gumtree has been brilliant for me.

When we lived in Aus we sold almost the entire contents of our flat on gumtree.

Sold my Mondy here in the UK via gumtree too, can't fault it.

You may have to bump your posts back up every now and again, other than that it works well and I reckon is better than ebay.

Lou
Where to advertise for free - stokie
Loot. Sold my Volvo 480 that way, buyer came from 200 miles away.
Where to advertise for free - Group B
Have you printed some neat For Sale signs to put in the windows when parked up?

I once did this with a Peugeot, parked it in a back street outside a factory on a Sunday afternoon, got a call within 3 hours, and the bloke bought it 3 days later.
I didnt have any luck selling my Golf this way though; had no takers after a week so I put it on ebay.
Where to advertise for free - Clk Sec
You could try an ad in your local supermarket?
Where to advertise for free - Chris M
I've never used Autotrader. Have used local Freeads and similar with success. Never had a problem selling, why pay when you can get it for free?

I would certainly consider ebay in future though as it's easy and you get wide coverage.
Where to advertise for free - Group B
I would certainly consider ebay in future though as it's easy and you get wide
coverage.

I was talking to a mate last night about how massive ebay motors has got. He is a Golf GTi nut and when we first started looking on ebay there were 3 pages of VW's for sale. There are now 108 pages of them!
Where to advertise for free - Hugo {P}
IMO Auto Trader successes depend on where you live.

I used to swear by them when I lived in the midlands as I had several successes, but I have never sold a car though them down in Cornwall, despite trying several times.

I have used Ad Trader and Admart with success.

I have also used e bay successfully twice.

In the days before e bay I also managed to sell a Morris Oxford via one of those free ads site that set up, possibly Findit.co.uk though I can't remember. I also did my own website for it and got some enquiries through that.

I have never sold a vehicle by word of mouth, but did buy my Discovery that way