01 1.4 where is the Radiator fan switch ? - octa
Where is the fan switch ? I need to check if shorting connections turns on fan.

Have not allowed engine to get extremely hot .......but fan will not run!!!!! . Temperature Gauge appears to rise to a `normal` running position....and no further..ticking over

some editing to try and clear up what was being asked- PU
01 1.4 where is the Radiator fan switch ? - Screwloose
octa

Totally ECU controlled system. The fan [and the condensor fan] has a dedicated control unit and it's all linked to the engine ECU.

Have you actually got a problem - or are you just playing.
01 1.4 where is the Radiator fan switch ? - bell boy
good one screwloose

question for octa,where are the 39 steps
01 1.4 where is the Radiator fan switch ? - octa
Screwloose.. no problem but being careful in view of H/G problems with K-series engines.I am concerned at not seeing fan cutting in.....how hot do you allow engine to get ,safely?

Thanks for interest.
01 1.4 where is the Radiator fan switch ? - Screwloose
octa

If the gauge isn't going up, then the fan contoller won't be commanded to run by the ECU. The only way to test an ECU-controlled fan is to enter a drive command through a scan-tool.

Even a light breeze will keep the temp of an idling engine steady if the cooling system is working at optimal efficiency; I've idled a diesel for literally hours before the fan came on.

You can't cook a head-gasket while there's still water in the head. Changing anti-freeze annually is probably more important than anything else.
01 1.4 where is the Radiator fan switch ? - DL
Take the car for a drive, park up and raise the revs to 1500rpm or so - observe the cooling fan and gauge - it should kick in within 3 mins after a run with the engine up to full working temperature.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words.....