Leaking OSF hydraulic pipe, how do I change it? - sadie
The hydraulic pipe from the OSF suspension unit is leaking. Changing it seems to be a nightmare. has anybody got any advice
s
Leaking OSF hydraulic pipe, how do I change it? - mjm
Which pipe? the pressure supply to the top of the strut by the sphere under the bonnet, or the drip return pipe between the bottom of the strut and the body under the wheelarch?
this is the top pipe from the ball which goes right across the bulkhead to a three way block under the reservoir
I've just had a look under the bonnet of mine (1999 2,016v) and you are right, it does look a nightmare. I can't even trace it past the coolant header tank. No help to you, I'm afraid.
There may be someone on this site who has done it or I have seen frenchcarforum advertised as another place to start.

There may be a local independant Citroen mechanic who can help. I am in south Gloucestershire and know some in this area.

Sorry.
I am gradually getting there and think that by removing the speedo cable i will be able to feed the new pipe through. Any advice on how to do this. Been away for a few weeks.
snipmegaquote

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 27/10/2007 at 00:18

From the Haynes Manual: -

Working in engine compartment, pull the cable securing pin from the geagbox/transmission housing, then release the end of the cable from the geagbox/transmission.

This covers removing the one end. It then just pulls from the bulkhead fitting if you need both ends released.

Can't help with the location of the pin, I'm afraid, no picture in the book and mine's the transducer system.

hth