Courier van - Immobliser prob? - expatmanc
Any help would be appreciated. I've just had the engine and box out of this 2000 van with endura de 1.8 diesel engine to replace sump gasket. All rebuilt but won't start. Ingition lights on, nothing happens when turned to start position. Lights stay bright. Also telltale prob of immobiliser light flasing like mad with ignition on, pulses normally with ignition off. Am I missing something? Thanks
Courier van - Immobliser prob? - Screwloose

Are the wiring plugs to the engine and the injection pump connected?

IIRC there's a module in the pump that communicates with the immob box and that's the problem area if the LED is flashing.

Are you using the usual key? Not dropped it, or lost the chip?
Courier van - Immobliser prob? - bell boy
last time i had this it was a bad connection on the spade connector to the starter motor
ie,the low tension lead
Cheers Screwloose, pump/engine connections checked etc and key had never been out of the ignition! Getting ready to take a hammer to it!

Plug it in and get the immob status details. Something's upsetting it. Maybe it's forgotten it's keys or something.

Has this one still got it's red key?
Screwloose, yes, its red key is being used.
Bellboy, - no separate spades, all in a block - are you thinking earlier model?
yes but i had the same problem,certainly worth checking the smaller wire for good connection whether in a block or not,it is a ford after all :-)
Courier van - Immobliser prob? - jc2
IIRC does not have a separate immobilizer on pump-vehice immobilizer just controls on/off solenoid on pump.

The coded immobilizer unit surrounds the stop solenoid under a steel cover - otherwise it would be childs-play to hot-wire it.
another thought
the fuel cut off solenoids have a habit of sticking on these tractor engines
you might just hear it clicking if apprentice turns ignition on and off
a good smack with a hammer and knock through screwdriver might temporarily solve the problem
i had one of these where you turned the ignition off and the solenoid took ages to shut the fuel afterwards

just a thought
Thanks to you all - but I qualify for numpty of the week by mixing up multiplugs! Still, you live and learn....

Respect for having the stones to come back and give us the outcome.

Don't feel too bad - we've all done it at some time or another....

Glad to hear that you're all sorted.