Parking on a flower bed - Clanger
One of my gardening customers is having extensive building works done and the road outside was full of contractors' vans and a digger so I couldn't get near enough to save my tired limbs unloading the mower and other gear without parking on a grassy bank opposite the house. As I was unlashing the mower from the trailer, I was approached by the leader of a group of fully-togged-up hikers who spoke to me thus,
"You shouldn't park there, your vehicle is in a flower bed, you know"
Me, exaggeratedly peering underneath the trailer, "Really, how do you work that out?"
Hiker, "Well, it had daffodils and crocuses there a few months ago"
Me, "Oh, I see. They only come out in Spring and I'll be gone by then"
The hikers gave me a salvo of tuts and turned away.

Some people try really hard to find something to complain about, don't they?
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
Parking on a flower bed - Chris White
Me "Oh I see. They only come out in Spring and I'll be gone by
then"

That made me laugh :-D
Parking on a flower bed - Leif

Yes. I wish I could think of such witty retorts.
Parking on a flower bed - Chris White
I could give lessons, but I wouldn't want everyone to come with the same imaginative phrases that I use when I respond to people's posts..........
Parking on a flower bed - Round The Bend
Now that did make me laugh! :-D
Parking on a flower bed - bell boy
my local walking group only meet at 1.00pm mondays so i cant make it,dont forget its the highlight of their week to walk the roads in all their gear and cause a nuisance at the dog and duck at 2.55pm
i cant wait to join ;-(
Parking on a flower bed - L'escargot
Was it just rough grass or does someone go to the time and trouble of keeping it neat and tidy by mowing it etc? It's the people who drive on (and churn up) neatly maintained verges that annoy me.
--
L\'escargot.
Parking on a flower bed - Clanger
Rough weedy grass mown by the council once a month in Summer. Not churned either. My halo is untarnished:-)
Hawkeye
-----------------------------
Stranger in a strange land
Parking on a flower bed - nortones2
I know a place that matches that description: a meadow. Verges are not car parks or they turn into muddy mess with no b. vegetation to flower in spring, as shown by the impromptu car parks on the verges by the Ribble. Sump busters are the answer.
Parking on a flower bed - Mapmaker
>>Sump busters are the answer

Because a nice dose of engine oil really helps the flowers.

I rather agree with the hikers, though. Verges are not for parking on. Were everybody so to do, they would soon cease to be grass verges.
Parking on a flower bed - pyruse
SNIPQUOTE!
I rather agree with the hikers though. Verges are not for parking on. Were everybody
so to do they would soon cease to be grass verges.

I agree too, but we managed to upset our neighbours by asking their builders not to park on the grass verges.
Their response was to come storming round and shout about it being a public road and we had no right to tell anyone how to park. They also objected to us parking our car outside our own house to stop the builders parking there...
Parking on a flower bed - nortones2
There are never any oil leaks with sump busters in place, but without them they are inevitable:)
Parking on a flower bed - rogue-trooper
as you are such an expert about walkers ;) can you answer 2 questions?

1) What are those ski poles they use for?

2) Why do these walkers have to have garish coloured coats? When in the deepest, darkest countryside, wouldn't it be better to blend in?
Parking on a flower bed - Mapmaker
1. Skiing?
Parking on a flower bed - bell boy
2. keen mataland shoppers?
Parking on a flower bed - Old Navy
Some of the grass verges near our local hospital have been trashed by people parking in wet weather. It has five car parks, all free, and although well used they often have vacant spaces. I think people turn up late for appointments and abandon their cars as close to the entrance as possible. The councils responce is to erect signs threatening civil action for restoration costs against owners of vehicles parked on verges. We shall see! I think a truck load of big rocks along the verge would be more effective.
Parking on a flower bed - rustbucket
>>We shall see! I think a truck load of big rocks along the verge would be more effective.
Yes they are effective.My father has a post box mounted on a telegraph pole in the garden hedge outside his house which is 5 feet from the kerb,Some people are so lazy that they mount the kerb and post letters through their open car windows instead of parking on the road and walking 5 feet.Just to add most are 4x4 drivers.Realy big pointed sharp rocks have more effect on sumps, sills and tyres even on the biggest 4x4.
--
rustbucket (the original)
Parking on a flower bed - billy25
if this is deemed to be a thread hi-jack apologies, and maybe the "mods" could move it?
but....

>>Some people are so lazy that they mount the kerb and post letters through their open car windows instead of parking on the road and walking 5 feet <<

what is your experiance/opinion of the "ultimate" car-bound laziness?

Billy
Parking on a flower bed - pyruse
what is your experiance/opinion of the "ultimate" car-bound laziness?

People who stop outside a house and beep their horn instead of getting off their backside, walking to the front door, and ringing the bell.
Particularly when they do it early in the morning or late at night.
Parking on a flower bed - paulb {P}
>> what is your experiance/opinion of the "ultimate" car-bound laziness?
>>
People who stop outside a house and beep their horn instead of getting off their
backside walking to the front door and ringing the bell.

Or even - open your minds reeeeal wide now - getting your mobile out of your pocket and giving the up-pickee a quick bell along the lines of "Yoohoo, I'm outside!"

Nah, it'll never catch on...
Parking on a flower bed - rogue-trooper
not quite car related but I think Les Dawson said "laziness is riding your bicycle over cobbled stones to knock the ash off your cigarette" or something similar
Parking on a flower bed - johnsnc
How about a hard-to-see deep trench ?
Parking on a flower bed - Pendlebury
Some people try really hard to find something to complain about, don't they?

I must admit I managed to complain to someone today about their parking and I should really have let it go but I found this individual so selfish that I had to say something.
I was waiting in a chemist for prescrition for someone and next door to the chemist on a cormer is an off licence with double yellow lines. Up screeches a car & parks half on the pavement and half on the road with double yellows right on a corner - forcing a young mother and her children to take evasive action as he parked. He then runs into the offie and about 3-4 mins later comes out with a bottle of wine. At this point I managed to catch him and have words and he looks at me like he's done nothing wrong.
And yes - off course it was a BMW driver - they do seem to like to stereo type themselves with this selfish approach to anyone else on the road.