04 1.9 dci - EGR Valve clean or replace. - uncleben
My emissions warning light came on temporarily in my 2004 1.9 dci Scenic. Renault servicing says requires a new EGR valve at £500 plus! When I declined, they said it might just be sticky and need cleaning but they don't do that. They just replace it. Are they trying it on do you think? I've only just bought the car 4 months ago from a Renault Dealer with a years warranty. Of course, Renault say this valve isn't covered by the warranty because it's a "component"! What do you reckon Honest John?
s
04 1.9 dci - EGR Valve clean or replace. - piston power
At £500.00 they want hanging! id take it off wire brush it and clean it replacing any gasket/seal ring, try that before you shell out your cash, these egr valves are money for old rope!!
04 1.9 dci - EGR Valve clean or replace. - Screwloose
uncleben

So any "component" isn't covered by the warranty....? They can't have many successful claims.

This dealer is a disgrace to even this disreputable marque. Ring Renault Customer services and complain. The EGR valve is only around £150 [replacement is the best move.]

The Sale of Goods Act now provides that any fault appearing within six months of sale will be deemed to have existed at time of sale unless provable otherwise. No "components" are excluded from that one!

The CAB; your legal cover; [if any] a solicitor, or Trading Standards will advise.