2003 main beam not working - eviella
Hi
Full beam works but not main beam, does the bulb have two thingies that work each beam seperatly, hence I need new bulb
Thanks
2003 main beam not working - Screwloose
eviella

If this is just on one side, then it's likely a bulb. I've a feeling that dip and main are two separate bulbs on a Corsa C.

Fiddly to fit too.
Hi
it is on both sides. I thought the bulb that worked the full beam was the same bulb that worked the main beam. Fidley to remove is an understatement, We nearly dismantled the car trying to get at the bulb. That is when we came to the dicision that perhaps the bulbs were not faulty has the full beam worked. i guess its back to the drawing baord.
Thought I should rephrase my original note as i think I got the terminology wrong. Main beam not working but and I think this is the correct phrase, the high beam is not working. The side lights are working fine
2003 main beam not working - Dynamic Dave
eviella,

Main beam and high beam are the same thing. ie, you put these lights on to see further up the road, but if you were to leave them on when traffic approaches from the other direction you'll end up dazzling them. Dip beam however is what you use to prevent dazzling others.

Can you clarify which bulbs aren't working, the dip beam or main / full beam?

As Screwloose says, there are separate bulbs for dip and main beam - both being H7 single filament 12volt 55watt bulbs.
2003 main beam not working - Screwloose
eviella

Full beam and main beam are much the same thing. Main [high] and dip [low] beam are the two levels.

It's not beyond the bounds of possibility that you have got two bulbs gone. I've had that before on one of these; on that one, both the dip bulbs had gone.

There are headlight fuses and relays in the underbonnet fusebox. The two little fuses in the corner and the small relay right next to them are the main beam ones. See if the relay clicks [you can feel it] when main beam is selected.
2003 main beam not working - Dynamic Dave
Screwloose can obviously type faster than me ;o)