Disabled Parking Permits - overseas outside EU ?? - autumnboy
This may be moved to the dreaded "I have a Question"

Anyone know if "Disabled Parking Permits" (Blue Badge) are Legal in BC and Alberta in Canada for use.

I've tried various Gov. Depts here and Canada, but no one gives an answer only links or Email addresses.

I know they a system like ours, but as I asked would ours be Legal.

Thanks

Moving to IHAQ...no only joking, its motoring related ! - PU
Disabled Parking Permits - overseas outside EU ?? - local yokel
UK issued permits are EU only tinyurl.com/2odjnd (a PDF) and tinyurl.com/2d2kay - don't try using them anywhere else.
Disabled Parking Permits - overseas outside EU ?? - local yokel
Apologies - it's clear that they are legally recognised throughout EU, but the info is less clear on other territories. See tinyurl.com/2hnuuo for example, on Canada. I'd not trust it, myself. I guess that's the run-around you've already been given.
Thanks Local Yoke.

You are correct and thats just the beginning, being passed from one to another, even their eqvil to the AA/RAC don't know.

Disabled Parking Permits - overseas outside EU ?? - Pugugly {P}
At the risk of going off topic, did source a wheelchair there ?

As regards the permit I would chance it....it may be not to the letter of the law but the Canadians are remarkably tolerant (like we used to be not so long ago :-( )
Thanks Pugugly

Yes I found that their local pharmacy hires out such chairs. $20 per week or $10 per day. If you have it delivered and collected its $10 each way.

Not bad when you consider the exchange rate, but I doubt very much you'd get it over here for that price.

I'll let you know how we got on with things with the motoring side.

And you're right about their tolerance, well 10 years ago when we were there last, we'll see when we get on the road with our Mini-Van and I'll let you know.

thanks

Good News !!!!!!!!!

After going from one Link/Email to another, I was finally directed to the Dept. in British Columbia who issue their 'Disabled Parking Permits'.

info@sparc.bc.ca

And they tell me that our UK issued 'Disable Parking Permits' are Valid for use in BC and Alberta.

Disabled Parking Permits - overseas outside EU ?? - Pugugly {P}
Well done. I was thinking about this in work today.