radio code - piers
Does anyone no how to reset the code on an old radio cassette stereo? I recently had problems with an alarm and had to disconnect the battery, hence prompting the radio to ask for the code, which I don't have as it is a second hand car. The stereo is not factory fitted and therefore I can't ask the manufacturer. The car is a rover 218 sld 1993. any tips ??
radio code - Big Vern
a second hand car. The stereo is not factory fitted and
therefore I can't ask the manufacturer. The car is a rover
218 sld 1993. any tips ??

If the stereo is not factory fitted then you will need to provide the us with the make and model of the stereo not the car before we can be of help.

There are many stereo decoders about the country pick up the yellow pages hand over ~£15 and problem sorted
radio code - Richard Turpin
There are also lots of "decoders" in Exchange and Mart, also £15 or so.
radio code - BrianW
If you know the name of the garage which sold the car new, they may have a record of the code.
This worked for us on a three year old car.
radio code - Armitage Shanks {p}
In my experience, with a similar make and model, any Rover dealer can get the information off their computer. They need the VIN no of the car and some proof that you are the owner. They might do it for nothing or they might charge you a small fee
radio code - David Lacey
But not if it a non-standard radio, surely?

You never know, they just might have a record of it......think postively!

Interestingly, there are some online radio decoders out there....something ended up on my desk last week about this
MG-Rover Questions? Click on www.mg-rover.org