99-Re-fitting Alarm Connector To Window - Aocal
My 1999 LWB Frontera alarm has been going off pretty much all the time for about a week. Last night i had a look at it and narrowed it down to a dodgy connection on the connector which is on the rear window. It's the one which is actually connected to the glass. It looks like it was soldered on in the factory but when i poked it the thing fell off completely.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can re-attach this? I have a soldering iron and hot air gun but i'm concerned about smashing the window with the excessive heat.
s

Frontera - Re-fitting Alarm Connector To Window - AR-CoolC
RS Components have a product called "conductive epoxy"

No cheap but ideal for that job.
Frontera - Re-fitting Alarm Connector To Window - bell boy
While its not for me to say go one way or the other ,i soldered a heated rear window wire onto a glass only this week ,i used the 100 watt trigger type soldering gun to get the heat penetration.
Ive never bust a window yet
Frontera - Re-fitting Alarm Connector To Window - elekie&a/c doctor
If it is on the side rear window I think I would eliminate the sensor on the glass and just join the 2 wires together.hth
Frontera - Re-fitting Alarm Connector To Window - Aocal
Thanks for everyone's reply. Someone actually suggested I use the stuff in Halfords for repairing rear window demisters. I got some of this but the alarm kept going off so I got the cutters out and joined the wires together instead! This worked until the middle of the night but then the alarm started to go off again.

I think the connectors on the other side have become faulty now, probably thanks to me tugging them to see if they are still connected! I'll chop them off and short them out too.
Frontera - Re-fitting Alarm Connector To Window - Aocal
Just to close this thread off, yes it was the sensors on the other window. I have now cut these out of the equation and soldered them together. The alarm hasn't gone off since! RESULT!
Frontera - Re-fitting Alarm Connector To Window - shaun7382
hi i have a problem with my frontera alarm keeps going off seam to have a mind of its own goes off for no reason if its locked or unlocked
sometimes it will cancel by button on key fob
sometimes start engine it stops sometimes you have to start engine pess alarm button on dash
im totally fed up with my car recently bought it great 4 x 4 got snow and my car is a good decoration but thats it the only time it dont go off is if the engine is running have to keep taking battery off
can anyone help
also this subject which window are we you on about the tail boot window also were is the conectors your not an about the rear heated lines are you are they alarm as well
please help