'02 Mondeo Mk III (not MkII !!) dash illumination? - cheddar
Question for anyone with a pre facelift Mondeo MkIII with climate control.

Other than the radio the car has three LCD displays, one each in the rev counter and speedo for trip / temp and odometer etc and one for the climate control.

On mine when I turn on the ignition the two in the rev counter / speedo illuminate though the climate one doesnt, it only illuminates when the lights are switched on with the rest of the dash lights.

However I have a feeling that it used to illuminate with the ignition and then dim when the lights are swithched on, perhaps I have a bulb out or perhaps it is working as it is supposed to and all is well?

Thanks.

s
'02 Mondeo Mk III (not MkII !!) dash illumination? - Saltrampen
Not much help but;
The facelift Mk 3 (05 on) with no climate control but with a LCD display for the heater: It only
illuminates with the Lights or if it does illuminate, it is dim. Will check more carefully tomorrow.
The tachometer and speedo illuminate as stated in original message.
'02 Mondeo Mk III (not MkII !!) dash illumination? - elekie&a/c doctor
With just ignition on ,the only illumination is in the 2 lcd displays below speedo & tacho.Turning on the sidelights illuminates the rest of instrument pod and all the climate panel,including the digi temp disply.hth
Thanks elekie, that is the way it is, with the mornings and evenings closing I have driven I less light than for a few months (lights always on in rain!) and noticed this and was not sure.
'02 Mondeo Mk III (not MkII !!) dash illumination? - rtj70
On my facelift Mondeo the air-con display lights up without the lights on. Whether pre- and post-facelift makes a difference I know not.

Maybe you've tempted fate though because you keep saying nothing (much) has gone wrong on your Mondeo ;-)

Sorry to maybe bring bad news - albeit minor
Sorry to maybe bring bad news - albeit minor

Hey, 5 years and 121k and I am worrying about a blown dash bulb! Though I think eleckie doc has confirmed that it is as it should be.

Thanks.