96 TD Central Locking Problem - owenP
Hi,

I have a 1996 Peugeot 1.9TD, and it has recently developed a central locking problem. The car had been standing for a couple of weeks whilst I was away, and when I came back I changed the batteries in the keyfob, as I had been locking and unlocking the car using the key for the last year or so.

After using the remote to unlock the car (for the first time since I had been back) it began developing a fault - only the front doors would lock and unlock with the central locking using either the remote or the key, and then it wouldn't lock and unlock at all using the remote, and when using the key - only the front door that you used the key in would unlock.

The control unit activates as you can hear the relays click, and they continue to switch for a couple of seconds after the central locking is activated. None of the locking solenoids operate, but the interior lights flash with the clicking of the relays.

After a while the relays begin to click again, flashing the lights, but not operating the solenoid.

I have checked all the locks operate freely, and have checked the wiring that runs through all of the doors, but there are no faults and shorts. I have checked the system has a good earth, with no corrosion. I have also checked the wiring at the control unit, and haven't found any faults.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced this problem before, and could point me in the right direction. I am suspecting it is either a problem with the alarm, or the control unit has failed.

Many Thanks.

s