Buying with a snapped cam belt - How Much ? - LinuxGeek
Just would like to know roughly how much would it cost me if I buy a Mazda 323 diesel which had cam belt snapped while driving? Its done 100k.
Buying with a snapped cam belt - How Much ? - bell boy
----------------------------------------------

thats a piece of string above is that any help
on a better note have you looked what a timing belt has to do on one of these things? it goes round at least 6 things on its journey and looks about 18 foot long
this engine is also an interferance fit which means terminal damage on breakage,you dont mention if it has a turbo?????? this might have spun in its own oil and been the reason for the belt break in the first place
this car at the moment is scrap and depending on year is worth between £100 and £450 as a breaker,if its not your car and you havent got another lump in your coalshed for it i seriously recommend you run away pdq

to finish look at a figure of £2000 as a pointer
Buying with a snapped cam belt - How Much ? - wazza
First of all see if you can locate a replacement engine for the mazda. Don't think they are that common compared to say Ford engines in view of getting replacements. Find out how much it is and how much to fit it in.

Look in the autotrader for a similar car and deduct the cost of replacement engine.

You will have a rough idea how much the car is worth minus the engine.

Buying with a snapped cam belt - How Much ? - local yokel
Leave it and move on - plenty more to look at out there.
Buying with a snapped cam belt - How Much ? - Lud
Forget repairing the engine. Unless you have another 323 or another engine there's no point.
Buying with a snapped cam belt - How Much ? - LinuxGeek
Thanks guys, I'll leave it because it looks as if it'll be very costly if I'm lucky enough to find the new engine or the head.
Its got turbo so maybe even more to spend!
Thanks for all your honest opinions. Many Thanks.