Where to scrap my car? - wazza
In the next month or so my friend will be looking to scrap his car. Where does he take his car to get scrapped and get paid for it? The normal route would be to drive down to local scrapyard but i have heard someone here saying there are places which weigh your car and pay accordingly. Scrap metal merchants?

He is based in Nottingham in case someone can recommed someone.
Where to scrap my car? - movilogo
There should be loads of services available in your local yellow page. Usual scrap rate is £100 for 1000 kg. Most will collect the car from house.

Where to scrap my car? - Waino
When contemplating scrapping a car recently, I found a number of scrappies advertising in the motoring section of the local paper.

However, in the end I advertised the car on e-bay and received considerably more than the £30 being offered by a scrap dealer. See thread www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=55...9
Where to scrap my car? - bell boy
its alright ringing some itinerant monkey up out of your local rag and finding the landline faulty so you ring the mobile,guess what its ringing the man comes and takes away your scrap,however down a country lane he uses his sthil saw to cut the tyres off and throws them in the hedge bottom for us the taxpayers to dispose of tommorow he may even drain its bodily fluids to gain even more at the local crushing plant,end of life? what does he care he is in another town next month,he may even be pruning your trees as i speak and i will see his branches down my lane tonight again as the light begins to fade and the tail of his new transit is raised to the gods in a defiant gesture of "you cant touch me"

so end of life approved centres where the bits are taken off properly or if you want to be proper green take the old jalopy to your dealer of this marke and drop the keys off at reception

did i mention that you need to hold onto your destruction certificate so the car or even its number plates dont come back to haunt?
Where to scrap my car? - Olivia Burgess

Choose the type of scrap yard which can give you the best Scrap car prices as well as the environmental friendly way to scrap your car and in addition to that free pick up facility to take your vehicle to scrap yard.

Edited by Avant on 25/05/2013 at 01:39