Gearbox change. Would one from a 1.0 fit a 1.4? - LinuxGeek
I need to replace the gearbox on my 96 1.4CL Polo because the diff (whatever it is), is making horrible noise. I'm struggling to find DKF gearbox. Would a 1 litre Polo gearbox fit on it? Also what other cars would have the same gearbox as my car. Please let me know if you know where I could get the gearbox would be really appreciated, I'm in South East. Many Thanks

{Slight adjustmentment to header - DD}
VW Polo Gearbox - Xileno {P}
You will need to source the 1.4 gearbox. The ratios are almost bound to be different.
VW Polo Gearbox - LinuxGeek
Thanks Xileno.......I've managed to find one but its almost 200 miles away. I'll be driving the car there sometime next week and then would get it fitted from there. Its almost half price compared to what I'm getting here but no one has got one from 1.4
VW Polo Gearbox - bell boy
24/7 .com would find you one delivered to your door on a pallet for £75 all in
and no charge to you for asking ,you only pay the breaker you choose to use and they phone you or email you,sorry i never saw your question earlier,there is no way i would travel 200 miles for a common 1400 vw gearbox
24/7 .com would find you one delivered to your door on a pallet for £75 all in

Thanks matey, I've requested a quote from them, I'll let you guys know what they quoted me.
Thanks matey I've requested a quote from them I'll let you guys know what they
quoted me.

This one i hoped you used, i should have put it yesterday.
As i say they ring or email you,i havent had a problem yet and the nice man in the big van drops it off direct,no scrapyard dogs, no dirt, no punctures and no "well if you want a receipt guv you arve to pay the vat tosh"

tinyurl.com/2a83sr
Bellboy Thanks for the link. That's the site I used, do you know how long they take to get back to you and if they've the gearbox do you know roughly how long are they going to take to deliver it?
if you have posted up then if someone has one they should have got back already,i normally get at least 3 phone calls within 10 minutes,maybe they dont like selling them because of their chocolate innards reputation?

sorry mate

delivery is usually within 48 hours
VW Polo Gearbox - Lud
The ratios are almost bound to be
different.

Yes, they are sure to be lower, so if the box will fit the car should have better acceleration and perhaps a higher screaming top speed too! Think about it! :o)