Vectra B - Brake problem after pad change - paulc924
A friend asked me to change his front pads following an MOT. After doing this I test drove the car and noticed that the brake pedal jumps very slightly when braking. This is not regular and is not associated with speed. When it does this it is accompanied by a slight "tick". My friend told me that the car had been doing this for some 3 weeks. Could this be some intermittant fault with the ABS? All help will be gratefully received. Best Regards,

{Slight tweek to header to indicate which model Vectra and expand the question asked - DD}
Vectra B - Brake problem after pad change - injection doc
Check the reluctor rings very carefully for a chip or hairline split, but also have the brakes bled but will net tech2 to bleed properly, sometimes this sorts that problem, the other thing worth a try is to drive it at 25 on a CLEAR road & stop as hard as you can twice. Dont do it more than twice otherwise you may burn the new pads but when I say stop I mean grit your teeth & press the pedal as hard as physically possible. I have had this method restore some ABS probs in the past on vectra's. failing all that put the ABS on a diagnostic scan.
Doc
Vectra B - Brake problem after pad change - paulc924
Thanks very much. We will give that a go. Regards.