Accord: what tyre pressures? - David Horn
I'm a bit puzzled by the tyre pressure label on my Accord... it looks like this:

~160kph: 33/30 (front/rear)
160~kph: 38/35

I'm guessing that you're supposed to use the higher pressures when travelling above 100mph, but why? And if I do a lot of motorway driving at about 70mph, can I try running them at the higher pressure to get better fuel economy?

Cheers,

David.
Accord: what tyre pressures? - L'escargot
Higher speeds generate higher tyre temperatures because the resultant increased flexing of the tyres increases internal friction in the carcase. Increasing the pressure reduces the amount of flexing of the tyres, and hence holds the temperature down. Recommended tyre pressures are chosen to get the best compromise of passenger comfort, tyre performance and tyre life etc. By all means increase your tyre pressures for normal driving but you may get improved fuel economy at the expense of a reduction in other parameters.
--
L\'escargot.
Accord: what tyre pressures? - David Horn
So, personally, you feel that the most sensible course of action would be to leave them at the lower pressures?
Accord: what tyre pressures? - oilfilter
www.thetyrepressuremonitor.com/tyrepressures_honda...l
Accord: what tyre pressures? - Pendlebury
So, personally, you feel that the most sensible course of action would be to leave them at the lower pressures?

Yes - that would be my advice and is what I actually do on my Accord also.
Accord: what tyre pressures? - L'escargot
Why question the manufacturer's recommendations? The are the best authority.
--
L\'escargot.