Silver chrome paint - Greg R
Hi

I have a chrome exhaust on my bike, and rust is starting to go through.

Can anyone suggest where I can buy chrome paint (preferably heat paint) which would be shiny.

I have tried the usual (halfords, b&q, homebase etc).

Thanks
Greg
Silver chrome paint - gmac
Applied Coating Technologies Ltd
Tipton Road, Tividale, Oldbury B69 3HY. United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)121 557 5324 Fax: +44 (0)121 557 7064
Email: info@applicoat.com

The APPLICHROME process is not meant to be a direct replacement for conventional chrome electroplating and would generally be more expensive when compared to electroplated chrome. However, it fills the niche requirement for chrome, where electroplating is not an option.

The process is current being evaluated on a number of projects in various industries, these include:

· Interior and exterior automotive components

Silver chrome paint - Group B
Plasticote (available in Wilkinsons) do a paint they call "Chrome" in a small hobby-size aerosol can.

But beware, in my limited experience it does give a brighter, more shiny finish than regular silver paint, but it obviously looks nothing like real chrome when its dried. And its probably not high temperature resitant either.

;o)
Silver chrome paint - billy25
Hammerite (smooth or Hammer finish) in silver used to work well on our tractor exhausts, but as was mentioned earlier, it doesn't look like proper Chrome! Sometimes, the "Dark Blue" looks well, depends if it will blend in with existing colours, it doesn't look quite as "harsh" as Silver paint! (and may not show rust stains as easy). Remember that no amout of paint will prevent rust if its coming from the "inside", as exhausts are prone to. ;-)

Billy
Silver chrome paint - bathtub tom
I gave up on the chrome on one of my bike's exhaust, and used cylinder black instead. It needs a bit of careful preparation, but it lasted some considerable time. The bloke that bought it commented it must have been an edition he didn't know about.