sticking throttle after carb rebuild. - milkyjoe
hi, i recently changed a broken throttle cam on a weber tdlm 2v , i religously took my time dismantling and reassembling the parts involved but now on the odd occasion the throttle sticks open which is a bit of a pain in traffic , should i have lubed any parts on the rebuild im thinking a bit of wd40 in the throttle cable casing or would that cause more problems , thanks

Totally re-written subject line to include car details and elaborate on why the throttle was sticking - PU
1989 Fiesta sticking throttle after carb rebuild. - 659FBE
Quite possibly caused by overtightening the carburettor flange fixings at the inlet manifold. Webers are made to fine limits and have soft bodies which can distort - the recommended fixing torques are very low.

1989 Fiesta sticking throttle after carb rebuild. - milkyjoe
its an 89 fiesta by the way {Changed - DD}, do you mean the four torx headed bolts that hold the carb onto the i/manifold im sure i didnt over tighten them i used slight palm pressure on a 1/4" wrench, i still cant fathom it , it cant be a return spring cause it would do it all the time one would of thought, any road up i will have another strip down and clean as i go im sure its sommet simple as in a bit clagged up
1989 Fiesta sticking throttle after carb rebuild. - mfarrow
I keep mine well lubed with an oil can once a year to stop the choke from sticking.

--------------
Mike Farrow
1989 Fiesta sticking throttle after carb rebuild. - jc2
Possibly throttle plate off centre in bore.

Loosen throttle plate screws-back off idle screw so plate closes completely-then tighten throttle plate screws-reset idle.
1989 Fiesta sticking throttle after carb rebuild. - Peter D
Butterfly not centralised. Regards Peter
1989 Fiesta sticking throttle after carb rebuild. - milkyjoe
thanks all much appreciated , will take on board the info, have a cool bank holiday( sunny) we hope !!!