not getting any electrics - mpt63
can any body help have a rover 216 on a N plate car was going along ok then i lost the lights the sound on radio the indicators ect power came back but very weak lights on it wont turn over even on jump start ?????????
not getting any electrics - Collos25
Start by looking to see if the fan belt is still there.
Fan belt is there - why do you ask?

{Shouting amended - DD}
not getting any electrics - Rattle
It drives the alternator so if it snaps you will soon have a very flat battery.
wish it was that easy
not getting any electrics - Screwloose
mpt63

It is simple; you lost charging from the alternator and ran the battery flat.

If the drive belt is still present and tight, then the next test is the alternator itself - after you've recharged the battery with a charger and got the engine running again.
not getting any electrics - Civic8
>>it wont turn over even on jump start

Try leaving donor car connected to yours for around 10 Min's before trying to start(engine running) gives the battery time to charge up again....

When you say you lost all electrics,do you mean power gradually went down or was it sudden??
not getting any electrics - Civic8
Screwloose beat me to it..............
sound on speakers went and then i noticed that the lights were not working when we got home i checked the lights ect and they were very dim with the engin still running and then the engin cut out and wont now turn over
not getting any electrics - Dynamic Dave
and wont now turn over

As has already been mentioned, the battery is flat because the alternator isn't charging it.
put jump leads on got the car running ran for ten mins turned it off now wont start again
not getting any electrics - Dynamic Dave
put jump leads on got the car running ran for ten mins turned it off now wont start again

That's because more than likely the alternator ISN'T charging the battery. I don't really know how to make the answer any more obvious than that.

If you have a multimeter, then jumpstart the car again and measure the battery voltage with the engine running. It should be something like 13½ to 14 volts. If it isn't, then as has already been mentioned, your alternator isn't charging the battery.
not getting any electrics - jc2
Instead of spending all the money(battery+alternator)take it to an auto electrician!!!
not getting any electrics - Screwloose
I don't really know
how to make the answer any more obvious than that.

mpt [is that short for muppet?] ;o) {Smiley added to show this as a tongue in cheek comment - DD}

CAR IS BROKEN..... YOU CALL MAN.... HE COME FIX.....
not getting any electrics - normd2
today was another tedious day at the office until I read this and laughed and laughed - thanks Screwloose!
not getting any electrics - Altea Ego
put jump leads on got the car running ran for ten mins turned it off
now wont start again

My Turn.

MPT63 your alternator is broken. its not charging your battery. you need a new one. if you dont know how to change it you need to take it to a garage.
------------------------------
< Ex RF, Ex TVM >