stiff electric windows. - FotheringtonThomas
Do I need to lubricate anything to make the electric windows go up and down easier? They are sluggish at certain spots, and the n/s/f creaks when partly wound down. I'd rather not take the doors apart if at all possible! I notice that pulling up on the windows by hand when closing them helps them a bit! If they need something, what, & where to get it?
Vauxhall Cavalier stiff electric windows. - Dynamic Dave
You need to apply a dry silicone (or is it silicon?) / PTFE lubricant to the window seal rubbers. Pretty sure Halfords used to do something along these lines. It's also handy for applying to lethargic seat belts that don't return by themselves.
Vauxhall Cavalier stiff electric windows. - normd2
back in the mid nineties I had (at different times) two hired Cavalier front windows come off their guides with a bang due to this stiffness. As they were hire cars I didn't fix them but I'd get it looked at ASAP if I was you. Door apart time I think.
Vauxhall Cavalier stiff electric windows. - David Horn
You can get it in a spray from motorbike shops. Beware that it has the ability to a) fog up windows if you misspray, and b) if you're too enthusiastic you might get electric problems down the line if you get it on the switches.

Oh yes, and get it on the steering wheel at your peril. Not that I'm speaking from personal experience here, of course... ;-)
Vauxhall Cavalier stiff electric windows. - R75
My Honda had similar issues, I got a can of spray silicone for a couple of ££ from toolstation (Much cheaper then Halfords) and sprayed in the window grooves, after running them up and down a couple of times they were much better. Also used it on all the door seals, stops the doors sticking in the cold & heat.
Vauxhall Cavalier stiff electric windows. - DP
I used silicone spray on the drivers window of the Mondeo as a last resort before replacing the regulator mechanism (window sticking and skewing on closing). That was nearly 2 years ago and it still works perfectly.

Halfords sell the spray - it's about four quid a can. Wind the window down, put the nozzle right into the gap in the rubbers where the glass normally sits and spray for about a second. Repeat on the other runner. Wind up and down a few times, mop up any excess and Bob's yer auntie's live-in lover. :-)

Cheers
DP
--
04 Grand Scenic 1.9 dCi Dynamique
00 Mondeo 1.8TD LX
Vauxhall Cavalier stiff electric windows. - injection doc
Yep & if any silicon drips on the ground dont step on it then try driving! speaking from experience, a just job for a customer ,quick spray of window runner, as good will gesture no charge & drive it back to parking space & Oh pink fluffy dice!!! Bang!!!!!
& the well oiled experienced tech's amongst us will know all about just Jobs ( in fact theres a good thread to start)
Vauxhall Cavalier stiff electric windows. - AR-CoolC
Whip the door panel off, it's pretty straigh forward, just a few screws and some poppers.

The mechanism on the cavalier is a scissor action, with sliders in runners on the bottom edge of the glass and a second runner on the inside of the door cavity. grease these up, but also re-align the second runner.

Get the window to the top, slaken off the two 10mm nuts holding the runner (it's towards the back of the door) you will see the runner move slightly, pull the glass bacwards so it is tight into the rear up/down channel and then re-tighten the two 10mm nuts.