Celeb Car Sightings - Round The Bend
Do not wish to turn the BR into some Hello type vehicle, but thought that this may be a motoring angle we have n?t covered before where BRs can report the occasional sighting. Have been deliberately vague with the location below for purposes of the celeb?s privacy.
Anyway, here goes:

Sighted restaurateur and TV chef Rick Stein at an airport in the SW last night driving off in a rather nice 911 Carrera S. The Porsche was only spoilt slightly by a ding on the near side back wing.
Celeb Car Sightings - Big Bad Dave
Often used to find myself behind Richard and Judy in their volvo estate driving through Hampstead in the morning. They'd pull over and he'd nip out and get a paper and jump back in again.
Celeb Car Sightings - Collos25
Whats a celib is it the same as a vip does not feature in my vocab
Celeb Car Sightings - Lud
The Queen cut me up in Piccadilly Circus once. I tried to overtake her as she went up Shaftesbury Avenue by nipping up Wardour Street and along Old Compton Street, but she just pipped me by making rather caddish use of her plod outriders.
Celeb Car Sightings - local yokel
Regularly see Mrs Henman in her Range Rover Sport - and given today's news, might see a bit more of Tim in his Porsche.
Celeb Car Sightings - retgwte
prescott went past me using the M4 bus lane, i suppose he would say it was his driver and nothing to do with him

Celeb Car Sightings - Round The Bend
"prescott went past me ............"

Assume this was a Jag?
There was no mention of a vehicle. Surely a substantially-built minister is permitted to gallop down the Heathrow bus lane?
Celeb Car Sightings - 1066
regularly see tiff needle and spoken to him twice as his brother lives locally
seen katie price a few times in a porsche
Celeb Car Sightings - Group B
In the mid 90's when I lived in Brighton, once saw Chris Eubank driving up North Street in an Aston Martin Virage Volante, with the roof down obviously. Some random bystander shouted "Chris", and he swiftly turned round as if he expected to recognise the shouter. Then the lights changed and he bellowed off up the road; very loud it was.

Years earlier, working part time in a carpet shop, I sold Bernie Clifton a new rug. He rolled it up and stuck it down the back of his coat, much to the amusement of the shop staff, then left and drove off in something like a Daihatsu Fourtrak IIRC.

Celeb Car Sightings - MVP
Many years ago I was walking by Monument Hill in Weybridge when a gent in a Silver Shadow pulled-up and asked directions.

I said I wasn't sure, but thought the place he was looking for was blah blah blah

He said, "You're a lot of use aren't you" , in a manner that left me speechless, and promptly drove off

When I flashed-back to his face , I realised it was John Cleese

MVP
Celeb Car Sightings - Vansboy
My contribution...

Rolls Royce Phantom, couple months back, Luton Airport, JK ?, suggested by other Broomer's Jemirkie Bloke (spelling)

Prince Charles, as front seat passenger, XJ6 entering & nearly running me over, Kensington Palace

Dudley Moores XJ12 was auctioned at Blackbushe on a day I was there & he wasn't!!

Best one, 'cos it's my initials, MB 1 Rolls ??? Max Bygraves, the passenger I assume, gently cruising, precisly 70mph, around midnight, through Hatfield tunnel, A1, several years back.

VB
Celeb Car Sightings - McP
Pete Waterman in Bracknell around 17 years ago driving a Ferrari F40

What a fantastic sounding car.
Celeb Car Sightings - Armitage Shanks {p}
The only 'Celebrity' mentioned so far is HM The Queen. The rest are a bunch of posers, especially Katie P and Chris E. Richard and Judy? Peeeeeeerlease!
Celeb Car Sightings - bedfordrl
Whilst getting mail out of the van in Harting in Sussex a unfamiliar engine note got me to look behind just in time to see what i presume was Jeremy Clarkson in a blue Ford GT40.
This about the time of one of the Goodwood events and there was loads of fine machinery buzzing about.
Celeb Car Sightings - s61sw
I'll chip in with my three pen'worth - whilst working in Brunei, the Sultan would often drive past (yes, he was at the wheel) my apartment in his Mercedes SL500, preceeded by about half a dozen motorcycle outriders clearing the road (woe betide you if you failed to to pull over) and followed by by four or five what I presumed to be staff and bodyguards in Merc S-Classes and large Audis.

S6 1SW
Celeb Car Sightings - henry k
I'll chip in with my three pen'worth - whilst working in Brunei ....

Me too.
Many years ago I drove to the Sultans polo championships in covoy with several exotic vehicles. They were all lined up alongside his viewing stand so he had a choice of transport for the return trip.

I also watched a one off MB convertible being loaded into one of his flying horse boxes so it could be flown to Singapore for its service.

I wonder how many vehicles are in his current fleet ? IIRC he has all but one of the Ferrari estate wagons ever built by the factory.
Celeb Car Sightings - blue_haddock
i occasionally see phil 'the power' taylor driving round stoke in a sponsored Volvo S80 - you can't miss it really it's got his name and the sponsors name all over it in massive letters
Celeb Car Sightings - Chicken Vindaloo
Edmund "Eddie" Irvine, Jr nearly running me and my three friends over in his Ferrari 288 GTO at Silverstone in the mid-nineties. Can't remember whether this was before or after he signed for Ferrari in an "I'll drive cheaply if you give me cheap parts" deal.
Celeb Car Sightings - Kuang
Trundling down the M1 to a GT event at Donington a couple of years back, and we're rolling slowly through the queues on the sliproad towards the services. I look out to the right just in time to see a large metallic blue merc slide up with a blond spiky haired hawaiian shirt wearing gentleman at the wheel. I nudged my passenger and said 'I think this bloke reckons he's Rod Stewart'. He looked, blinked and said 'that's because it is' :) I gather he's into his motors.
Celeb Car Sightings - DrS
Used to work in Slough, many yhears ago: Recall one of the Gibb brothers (The Bee Gees) in a Lamborghini Countach: Reg No: BG G1B
Celeb Car Sightings - tonyl
Was driving through Epping in the mid 90's and saw Rod Stewart (and obligatory blonde) in a red Ferrari sat at some traffic lights. Nice car, nice girl, have to say that Rod looked more than a little rough though.
Celeb Car Sightings - football special - Citroënian {P}
Once let a red XK8 take priority over me down a very congested Acorn Road in Jesmond, Newcastle. As the driver went past, he waved and smiled.

Alan Shearer.

Hard to explain how cool this is to people who aren't from the people's republic of Geordieland.

Used to see Peter Beardsley dropping his kids off at school in a Range Rover. Seen Emre driving a rubbish RR Sport with the plate " 3 MRE".

And for the unwashed of wearside {runs} I used to see Niall Disco Pants Quinn stopping at Coxhoe's Barclays cashpoint in his white Chrysler Voyager, regularly, but about ten years ago.

Regional Celeb Car Sighting - Citroënian {P}
And I often saw Mike Neville in a blue Daimler/XJ? heading south over the Tyne Bridge after he'd finished the news.

That won't mean anything to those outside the people's republic either.

Oh, and I was absolutely chuffed to find Lara Rostron sitting next to me at a roundabout in her Alfa 147 last Christmas. Even if you're from Newcastle you might struggle with that one, but she's the lovely lady who covers for Carol Malia when she's on holiday.
Celeb Car Sightings - mrmender
Once saw Norman Wisdom in Ramsey IOM he was driving a Rover 800 coupe'
Celeb Car Sightings - jc2
Driving down the M4 one evening,came up behind a Mini reg.PAM 1.Said that's probanly Pam Ayres and it was-got a big beaming smile.Ministers are allowed to use bus-lanes for "security"reasons.
Celeb Car Sightings - stevied
Tony from Hollyoaks didn't use his indicators on his Merc Class "coupé" on the A50 near Alton Towers and got sternly reprimanded by stevied!

THAT'S a proper celeb. : )
Celeb Car Sightings - tyro
I thought I couldn't possibly contribute to this one, but references to the people's republic of Geordieland took me back to the time I lived there (just round the corner from Acorn Road!)

At one stage I was at a garage in Birtley, and Brendan Foster stopped to fill up his car. Can't remember what he was driving. This was in the early 1980s.

I realise that Brendan Foster is not exactly in the top ranks of celebs, but since I haven't even heard of some of the people mentioned in this thread, I'll not worry!
Apologies again to those with no links to the People's Republic of Geordieland:

Colin from Lionheart Radio, spotted in Warkworth car park, getting out of his Skoda... : )

That's obscure even for you lot I would imagine.
Celeb Car Sightings - gmac
Apologies again to those with no links to the People's Republic of Geordieland:
Colin from Lionheart Radio spotted in Warkworth car park getting out of his Skoda... :
)

Warkworth is not in Geordieland :)
Apologies gmac! I know... I know... it's like calling me a Stokey Clayhead or a Scouser!

I hope I get full marks for having even heard of Lionheart Radio though, and Warkworth! : )

You may know the answer to this one: who is the DJ around your area (carefully avoiding the G word) who has people ring in saying "I've seen a gerst man"? I think he's called David something?
Celeb Car Sightings - gmac
You may know the answer to this one: who is the DJ around your area
(carefully avoiding the G word) who has people ring in saying "I've seen a gerst
man"? I think he's called David something?

Full marks indeed for Lionheart Radio. Never heard it myself as the area I'm currently in doesn't even speak English (you could argue neither do Northumbrians) :) Have to suffer BFBS if SWMBO wants the radio on in the car.

Are you thinking of Alan Robson on Metro Radio ? His "Nightowls" show always brings a smile to my face.
Now comes the tenuous motoring link.
I remember a few years ago listening to the show and a girl rang up absolutely distraught having failed her driving test.
She couldn't understand why as she had one O' Level Grade C in metal work "an'all".
: )

That's made my day!! Brilliant. I love the use of "mind" and "an'all" as a sentence ending! Northumbrians would say, in my experience: "Ah cannat understand why I feeled my dreevin test, how... what with me avin' a C in me'al work an'all, mind".

It is Alan Robson, thanks!

Celeb Car Sightings - scotty
Northbound on the M6 near Tebay services I saw a white Mecr, reg ORV 1L. I thought I bet I know who that is, so I pulled level and there's Keith Harris, who studiously ignored me. I was hoping to see the duck!
Celeb Car Sightings - scotty
Albert Dock, Liverpool. Rick Wakeman parked next to me. I was going to say "Hi" but he was clearly otherwise engaged having "words" with his partner over change for the parking ticket machine.
Celeb Car Sightings - smoke
I would love to know who's Bentley it is that i have seen parked round the back of the victora apollo with the reg NOT2B
Celeb Car Sightings - cheddar

I was just saying to Nelson Mandela the other day that I can't stand name dropping !

;-)
Celeb Car Sightings - deepwith
A treat for you then tinyurl.com/3bt722
Has to be an actor doesn't it?
Celeb Car Sightings - Group B
I would love to know who's Bentley it is that i have seen parked round
the back of the victora apollo with the reg NOT2B

Currently showing at the Victoria Apollo is Wicked; the two famous people in the cast are Susie Blake from Corrie and Nigel Planer.

So could it be Nigels Bentley? Is that his style? For me he will always be Neil in The Young Ones, but he's gone a lot more thespy now hasn't he.
Celeb green no-car low CO2 sighting - Citroënian {P}
>>I lived there (just round the corner from Acorn Road!)
Me too, great place to live often wish I'd never left...

Anyhow, bit of a green one - Stephen Fry came and sat next to me on the tube last year. Almost unbelievably tenuous car link but we should always be aware of the alternatives to filthy polluting cars and use them when possible. That should set somebody off.

Celeb green no-car low CO2 sighting - helicopter
Yes - it set me off.

The reason Stephen Fry was using the tube last year rather than his normal gas guzzling Jaguar as he was seen driving in 'Who do you think you are' was probably not to enhance his green credentials but more likely because he was disqualified.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/6179523.stm
Celeb green no-car low CO2 sighting - Citroënian {P}
Sorry hc, wasn't honestly trolling the forum! It was before this I saw him, round about the summer time.

And it was a tongue in cheek green reference, just trying to crowbar Stephen Fry into the thread, :-)

Celeb Car Sightings - ForumNeedsModerating
Sighted restaurateur and TV chef Rick Stein at an airport in the SW last night driving off in a rather nice 911 Carrera S. The Porsche was only spoilt slightly by a ding on the near side back wing.

Probably happened after he had a chinese the night before..
Celeb Car Sightings - ForumNeedsModerating
My 'celeb' sightings all in Brighton, my abode for 20 years: Nicholas Van Hoogstraaten in Hove, Kingsway being driven in his RR - his eyes briefly alighted on me as I was skating across the road - I'm glad he didn't have a Bentley turbo is all. Next was Maggie Thather in October '84 being whisked out of Brighton along a back road out of town in the wake of the Brighton bomb on last conference day. I saw Chris Eubank many times in/on various uber-machines, most notably his Big Mac truck negotiating the Laines area - quite a sight & he completely blocked the roads, although he always seemed to be held in great affection locally.
Celeb Car Sightings - Paul Robinson
When we lived in RLBS, used to see Adam Woodyatt (Ian Beale - Eastenders) as he lived close by.

He had a silver 7 series BMW, without personal reg!
Celeb Car Sightings - leef
Had a row with Rio Ferdinand once in Manchester city centre near King St not to long ago. He tried to nick my parking space in his Aston Martin Volante.
Celeb Car Sightings - BobbyG
On way down south this summer was held up as a Rolls Royce had crashed into central reservation.
Saw a report later that said it had been Frank Bruno. I never physically saw him so not sure if this counts but I did see a Celeb's car?
--
2007 Seat Altea XL 2.0 TDI (140) Stylance
2005 Skoda Fabia vrS
Celeb Car Sightings - CQ
First thing he has hit in years.
Nicholas Van Hoogstraaten in
Hove

I feel a special category should be formed to contain towering figures like this. It seems a pity to lump this great humanitarian and business genius, friend of the revolutionary hero and democratic icon Robert Mugabe, in with mere vulgar celebrities like the Queen and Rio Ferdinand and Tim Henman's wife.
Celeb Car Sightings - SpamCan61 {P}
OK a brief selection of my own brushes with fame:-

1982 : Fulham : I nearly get run over by a green Granada estate whose driver bears a striking resemblance to Diane Keen.

1988 : Yarmouth - Lymington ferry : Glance to my right and the car next to me is being driven by that bloke who played the comedian in Hi de pfding Hi .

2004 : A31 Wimborne bypass: sitting in traffic and this Bentley(IIRC) wafts past, registration MAG1C, Paul Daniels driving.
Celeb Car Sightings - kennybase
I once saw some kind of big Jeep thing in black, outside a newsagent in Hove. Engine still running windows down, but no one in it. My and my gf at the time joked that the idiot who owned it deserved to have it nicked for leaving it like that. Cue idiot owner - Chris Eubank!
Celeb Car Sightings - Roger Jones
Several years ago, Jeremy Clarkson rolled up next to me at a Shell garage, driving a Cobra with is mate Adrian Gill as passenger and wearing a leather flying helmet. It was not long after Clarkson had done the TV series on the British motor industry, which I told him was the best thing he'd done. I said "Left the Ferrari at home today then" and he replied, "Yes, I wanted to get some wind in my hair". I'm sure I am now imagining that his reply was made with an effeminate gesture of the hand . . .
Celeb Car Sightings - helicopter
Well the prize for most spotted celebrity in this thread is definitely Chris Eubank.... because I too have spotted the lithping one in and around Brighton in his massive truck and also saw him signing autographs at a garage in Surrey where he had some sort of large 4 x 4.

OK - not really a spot in the spirit of the thread but Sir Trevor Brooking in his Mercedes actually came to see me on business. A very nice man indeed.

Also once parked up next to Sir Beefy of Botham at Edgbaston in his playing days - I can't even remember what he was driving it was so long ago. Some sponsored car.

Also spotted Alec Stewart in Surrey in a sponsors motor.

Saw the Queen and Duchess of Kent pulling into Liverpool St Station presumably on the way to Sandringham in the Royal Roller having watched the old Bill rapidly move on a very disgruntled taxi driver who had been occupying the prime parking place by the entrance.

Saw the Duke of Kent in a Bentley at Farnborough Air Show a couple of years ago.

I also used to work directly opposite Westminster Abbey and have spotted Boris Yeltsin, Queen Mum, and many other notables at memorial services for the great and the good. They of course usually arrived in the obligatory chauffeured Rolls or Mercedes limousines

I also once gave directions to a blond haired guy in an open top Ferrari who I thought looked vaguely familiar.. I racked my brains then realised later it was Charles Spencer , Princess Dianas brother .

In the sixties, saw a Rolls-Royce turning into Kensington Palace from the High Street, apparently driven and passengered by two children, but they must really have been just very small people, most likely Princess Margaret and Lord Snowdon.
Celeb Car Sightings - f2
Going back to the late seventies this one:

Liam Brady (Arsenal & Eire) driving a silver Vauxhall Chevette saloon trying to cut in around the one way system in Finsbury Park (on a matchday). He held back and waved in apology when he realised that he'd left the move a little late.

Compare the wheels and the attitude with todays generation of premiership "stars"...
Celeb Car Sightings - local yokel
A few years back I had a sharp bump on the rear of a Jetta as I waited at the bottom of the M4 j14 slip. It was Sir Ian Holm, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Holm who wasn't really concentrating.

He was driving a Corrado as I recall. Very nice about it, and gave his private name, Cuthbert.

The boot floor of the Jetta was crumpled by the shunt, so I claimed on his insurance, and got a cheque for £730, and carried on driving the car.
Celeb Car Sightings - DrS
I was at University with Lord Coe (Then just plain old Seb)
He had a Saab Turbo, which was quite a nice car for the era, "given" to him by a local garage: Rumour had it that he couldn't asctually drive anywhere off campus, as he hadn't passed his test.
Celeb Car Sightings - nick
Back in the '60's I was passed by Diana Dors driving herself very fast in a pristine white S1 Bentley. I was much impressed being just a nipper.