Network Q worth the extra ? - maz64
Hi- 20 year old stepson is thinking of upgrading from worn out S-reg 1.0 Corsa to an neat looking '03 silver 1.2 SXi (16v, alloys, a/c) with 48000 for 4.5k. He's driven it, likes it (especially in comparison to 1.0) and the insurance isn't horrendous, so is quite keen. I know Corsas aren't eveyone's favourite, but it makes sense for a number of reasons. The car is at a nearby Vauxhall dealer in Reading and is Network Q.

I'm particularly interested in people's thoughts about Network Q and their 12 month warranty- worth the extra money?

John
Corsa SXi 1.2 - Network Q worth the extra ? - MichaelR
Hasn't he grown out of cars like this yet? Had the misfortune of one of these as a courtesy car and it really is rather nasty - best suited to 17 year olds on L plates really.

£5k is a hell of a lot of money for a 4 year old Corsa with 50k on it. You could buy a Focus the same age for this money and it's a considerably better car.
Corsa SXi 1.2 - Network Q worth the extra ? - Ruperts Trooper
When it was introduced, and for many years afterwards, the Network Q warranty was widely regarded as the best used car warranty available. Other manufacturers used schemes have improved substantially so I doubt Network Q is alone as the best anymore.

In the '90s I had two Cavaliers from Network Q. Warranty repairs were dealt with better than Vauxhall's new car warranty work, ie done quicker with less referral back to Vauxhall.
Network Q Corsa SXi 1.2 - Xileno {P}
"Hasn't he grown out of cars like this yet?"

Presumably not, hence why he's asking the question.
Network Q Corsa SXi 1.2 - Collos25
Ask them if its the model with the built in barby
Corsa SXi 1.2 - Network Q worth the extra ? - P3t3r
Hasn't he grown out of cars like this yet? Had the misfortune of one of
these as a courtesy car and it really is rather nasty - best suited to
17 year olds on L plates really.

They're not that bad, and the 1.2 is a fantastic engine. I think the SXi is probably the best of the Corsas too.
Corsa SXi 1.2 - Network Q worth the extra ? - GregSwain
It's a Suzuki engine, chain-cam, mechanically OK provided it's been recalled and fixed (timing chain issue). The gearing however is ludicrously low, and the engine buzzes like a wasp at 70-80mph. Fine for around town, but for long distance buy something more substantial.
Network Q Corsa SXi 1.2 - Pandaman
Im sure the warranty is fine, however the car seems a bit overpriced.
I have seen 6 month old Corsas (1.2 SXi) at Trade Sales for £6k+.
These are ex hire (usually EuroCar) with about 4K miles.
The 1.2 SXi is best bought as late as possible. I believe the twinport version to be the best. I hired one last year and it was fine, almost fun, very economical and quick enough.

Network Q Corsa SXi 1.2 - maz64
Im sure the warranty is fine however the car seems a bit overpriced.
I have seen 6 month old Corsas (1.2 SXi) at Trade Sales for £6k+.
These are ex hire (usually EuroCar) with about 4K miles.

Thing is, unfortunately he hasn't got £6k. I did a search on Autotrader and the £4.5k didn't seem too bad considering it's a Network Q, assuming that's worth something. I don't think he's tried haggling yet; he might be able to get it down a bit.

John
Network Q Corsa SXi 1.2 - Blue {P}
Aim to get the price down and it may be worth it. The Network Q thing strikes me as being worth having.

The problem with little cars is that the price difference between quite old and almost new is very small in £££ terms, but obviously, you can't spend what you haven't got and I wouldn't recommend getting into debt just to get a newr model.

I have to say though that I agree with Michael, rather than buying a newer version of his current car he may be better off checking around at other models, Focus springing instantly to mind as having very cheap insurance etc. However, he may have already done this and decided that the Corsa is what he wants, in which case, go for it! :-)

Blue
Network Q Corsa SXi 1.2 - Vansboy
When you could buy this at auction, still under warranty, from Vauxhall, there's no need to consider, the now not so good as it once was, Network Q warranty.

VAUXHALL CORSA 1.2 80 SXI 16V Hatchback, BLUE, 3 Doors, Manual Transmission, Petrol, 14368 Miles, VAT Qualifying.
NH05PLV Registered 08-08-2005 in BCA Brighouse, for around the £4500ish budget, you mention.

Clik the Auctionview link to the left, spend a few pennies & do a couple of searches & buy a better/newer car for your £$£$£

VB
Network Q Corsa SXi 1.2 - Dynamic Dave
the now not so good as it once was Network Q warranty.

I have to agree. Comparing the NetQ warranty for my recently bought 2nd hand Vectra against the Net-Q warranty for the last Vectra I bought 3 yrs ago, there have been a few cut backs. eg, roadside assistance is now an additional cost, whereas before it was included as part of the warranty.
Network Q Corsa SXi 1.2 - Bill Payer
When you could buy this at auction still under warranty from Vauxhall

I guess it's only still under warranty if it's been serviced on time etc.