Really low prices for very new cars - Falkirk Bairn
Autotrader has brought up some very cheap prices fro really nice selection of cars.

They seem to be all over the country - except the phone numbers are all Liverpool disguised partly by the spacing - e.g. 01512 XXXXXX

Examples

Lexus 350H 7,000mls 2006 @ £11K
Maserati 2004 @ £11K
BMW Z4 @ £11K

If you want to see for yourselves leave all search criteria bland but teh Keyword Search 01512 - you will also get a few gebuine looing adverts as well but the "bargains stick out" from the rest
Really low prices for very new cars - Kuang
Pistonheads went through a similar thing recently with cars appearing for 2-5k less than you'd expect and with nothing more than an email link as contact details. They're getting on top of it but it still shows how careful you have to be.
Really low prices for very new cars - local yokel
It may be a different scam, but Ebay is often plagued with much the same - split window VW campers in really good shape for £6k, when they should be £15,000. I guess the scammers persuade people to pay up front and then scarper.
Really low prices for very new cars - Blue {P}
Or get them to turn up with the cash and relieve them of it as well as the car they arrive in. I read an article about someone turning up to buy a ludicrously cheap Merc who found that happened.

Blue
Really low prices for very new cars - Lounge Lizard
This Jaguar XK8 looks a bit cheap.

Surely at least £15K?

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2801...1
Really low prices for very new cars - Collos25
At 15k over priced at 7k something smells.
Really low prices for very new cars - Lounge Lizard
£15k over-priced?

I'd expect to see it at anything up to £20k.

The link below is about average, £15k: but a year older and twice the mileage!

tinyurl.com/3brq4f

Take me to your dealer, Andy!

link changed to a tiny URL (it was busting the page) - PG
What is the advertised price and what they sell at are to different things but I am talking about what you would pick one up in the trade.We both agree that £7k smells
Really low prices for very new cars - Dalglish
... smells

yes it is something that autotrader warn you about, but it is buried in the smallprint.
www.autotrader.co.uk/CARS/buying/false_escrow_serv...p
...The "sellers" place false adverts for products with an unusually low price to grab the buyer's attention. When the buyer enquires they are sent a standard reply, which often states ....

others sites such as pistonheads have discussed tactics used by scammers who advertise at a very low price.

it is quite easy to check these scammers out.
1. if you ring the number, it will be unobtainable, or go to voicemail or a mesagewill probably ask you to use the email contact address.
2. if you email them, they will respond saying that the car is abroad ready for shipping etc. etc.

just register a new email address and try emailing the ads that falkirk-bairn has highlighted.

if you find any are scams, you will probably find that neither the police not the advertising-medium are interested in doing anything about it.

lounge lizard - stanley villas, greenway road, runcorn ?

btw. - re your autotrader link for the xk8, you will find that most scammers will use a throwaway email address rather than one linked to an isp such as virgin net. correct me if i am wrong, but were you suggesting that that xk8 looks too cheap?
that ad seems genuine to me.

Except it books at around 12k trade
Except it books at around 12k trade ..

note that i have referred to the autotrader one only, which is 2001 model asking price £15k. ???
[ i have made no comment about the ebay one which is 2002 model priced at £7k. ]

Sorry misunderstood that happens when you get old you know
Sorry misunderstood that happens when you get old you know

no apology necessary, as all i wanted to check was that i was not missing something obvious or being being stupid !