ABS light question. - c3dhi
Hi all. I have just put a new front wheel bearing in my 54 plate Citroen C3 1.4HDi (8 valve). At the same time I renewed discs and pads. Whilst the wheel was off I noticed damage to the tyre so this has been renewed - the other side is probably just over half worn. Once all back together I have the ABS light on.... I am fairly sure I didnt damage the sensor whilst pulling it out of the hub carrier... (it was tight though!) My local garage pressed in the new bearing for me (which incorporates the ABS target ring in the oil seal - looked fine when reassembling.) I used a genuine Citroen bearing (and yes, it was for an ABS car) Any ideas? Could it be the difference in circumference between the front wheels with a new tyre on one side?
Can I reset the ABS light without a computer hookup? Do the cheaper OBD readers like can be bought on Ebay actually do the job for cases like this?
TYIA for replies!
Peter
C3 ABS light question. - Peter D
I would not expect it to be the tyre as going round an island make more difference in tyre speed than 6mm difference in diameter. Best find the connector to that sensor and use a multimeter to check it's resistance. Should be a few hundred ohms. Did you by any chance turn the ignition on when the ABS sensor was disconnected, perhaps to turn the radio on or something. Regards Peter
C3 ABS light question. - c3dhi
Yes - I think I did put the ign on when I put keys in to turn the steering for better access..... take it that not a good idea then! How to sort? Does it HAVE to be the dealers for a reset?
Thanks
Peter
C3 ABS light question. - c3dhi
Yes - I think I did put the ign on when I put keys in to turn the steering for better access.....

Would this damage the sensor or just be something that needs reset.
C3 ABS light question - SOLUTION. - c3dhi
I just rememered posting this and that I ahd not posted the fix - easy one in the end - the circlip holding the bearing in was rotated so the gap was not in line with the ABS sensor and as a result the clip was pushing the sensor away fronm the magnetic ring. Strut out, tapped round the circlip - fixed! Can't really be done with with the hub in place.
C3 ABS light question - SOLUTION. - Pugugly {P}
Thanks too many requests end up with loads of expert advice and we never hear the resolution !