How to reset the immobiliser without key fob - exciton
Hi All,

I recently bought a 1994 Pug 205 1.8 diesel Mardi Gras which only came with one key and no remote key fob. Unfortunately I managed to run the battery flat today and an immobiliser has kicked in and I cannot start the car (I did not know it even had an immobiliser!)

Is there anyway to easily bypass the system and get the car running again or will I have to go to the main dealer which I guess will be very expensive?

Cheers
mark
How to reset Peugeot205 immobilser without key fob - rtj70
This is probably like the 306 and searching technical forums might give an answer.

It might be only the alarm that has immobilised the starter motor. If so, then with a charged battery you could try:

- Put key in ignition and turn to position two and press the alarm button (that's near the ignition switch/barrel? It is on the 306) for 10 seconds. This is meant to reset the alarm and hence immobiliser.
- On the 306 the alarm ECU module is behind the trim in the rear on the drivers side - the wires go under the rear seat and disconnecting "the nearest" block and reconnecting might help.
- Heard/read that disconnecting battery and reconnecting with key turned in position two in ignition will ensure alarm is not armed.

Having said that step-sons 306 did this and we never got it going. We didn't persevere because when we got it to the local friendly garage it also needed a ball-joint, engine work to fix oil burning and a shock absorber. Cost of work more than cost of car.

Best of luck.
How to reset Peugeot205 immobilser without key fob - rtj70
And forgot to say if like the 306, there's a key to turn the alarm off via a key operated switch under the bonnet. Don't suppose you have that key - assuming there is such a switch.