1999 1.8 Zetec - Correct Tyres - mstar
My 1999 ford focus, hatch, 4dr everything unchanged standard 1.8 zetec (with those zetec alloys) has 195/55/15 tyres is this correct? as i rang kwikfit and the guy said the tyres for my car (after giving reg number) is 195/60/15 now i am really confused which ones do i choose any help, have i been driving around since i got my car with incorrect tyres?

Also any particular tyres which would people recommended on here :-) any help much appreciated

Tweaked to show model and varient - PU
99 Focus 1.8 Zetec - Correct Tyres - milkyjoe
dont worry its only a couple of mill difference to the aspect ratio of the tyre , relax and burn rubber
99 Focus 1.8 Zetec - Correct Tyres - mstar
does this effect handling/acceleration/grip,fuel economy? as the mrs is getting "oh now i have wrong tyres i dnt want to drive" thoughts lol
99 Focus 1.8 Zetec - Correct Tyres - milkyjoe
who wears the tyres in your house?
99 Focus 1.8 Zetec - Correct Tyres - gsb
Easy to check difference on here.

www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html
99 Focus 1.8 Zetec - Correct Tyres - piston power
kwik fit is correct that is the standard size, i guess somebody wanted it to look lower.
99 Focus 1.8 Zetec - Correct Tyres - Simon
>>kwik fit is correct that is the standard size, i guess somebody wanted it to look lower.

Either that or the 55 profile tyres were on special offer when they were bought.
99 Focus 1.8 Zetec - Correct Tyres - jc2
IIRC the 60 profiles were std but but some dealers fitted 55's with a different alloy wheel.What is shown in the driver's handbook?
99 Focus 1.8 Zetec - Correct Tyres - GregSwain
Kwik-fit's website doesn't know what it's on about. My tyres are 185/65HR14, but it reckons they should be 175/70TR13. Doesn't even get the speed-rating right (that's insurance-invalidating!). Gets my mum's car's tyre-size wrong too. Ignore it, and stick with what's on the car now. Your speedo will over-read a bit if they're not OE-size, but the difference in diameter is negligable anyway. Handling will not be altered, nor will the car's ability to stop.
99 Focus 1.8 Zetec - Correct Tyres - mikej
"kwik fit is correct that is the standard size, i guess somebody wanted it to look lower."

I've not got it to hand right now, but I'm fairly sure the Mk1 Focus handbook mentions both the 195/60 and 195/55 tyre sizes, implying that both must have been in use on the Mk1 Focus, depending (presumably) on the alloys fitted.
99 Focus 1.8 Zetec - Correct Tyres - L'escargot
handbook mentions both the 195/60 and 195/55 tyre sizes implying that both must have been
in use on the Mk1 Focus depending (presumably) on the alloys fitted.

No, depending on the model. 6x15" alloy wheels on both Zetec and Ghia, but 195/60 R15-V tyres on 1.8 TDdi Zetec and Ghia, and 195/55 R15-H on Zetec with other engines ~ according to the brochure.
--
L\'escargot.
mstar - stick to your guns !

My 1999 Focus Zetec has 195/55/R15 tyres and that's with the standard 15" Zetec alloys.

You can also do a LOT better than KF. I currently use a local(ish) mobile tyre fitting company who charge about 2/3 the price of KF and that includes coming to my home to fit them ! Check prices on the blackcircles website too.

I currently have Toyo Proxes T1-R fitted to my Focus, after poor experiences in the wet with Goodyear NCT5 and Firestone tyres amongst others. The Toyos are far grippier in the wet, but I can't comment on long-term wear as I've not had them on long enough.
According to the 1999 Edition 1 brochure the tyres fitted at the factory at that time were 195/55 R15-H.
--
L\'escargot.
i see the point but i am confused which tyres to put on now, the 55 or 60. Sure the 195/60/15's or and 195/55/15 are a lot of what people have but does it make any difference that i will notice e.g ride/noise/grip etc ? as the tyre site shows the sidewall/radius etc is bigger.
anyone? :-(
anyone? :-(

See my earlier posts regarding what the Ford official sales brochure says. You can't get more authoratitive information than that

--
L\'escargot.
"i see the point but i am confused which tyres to put on now, the 55 or 60"

If you have 195/55/R15s on now, then it's more than likely that this is the correct tyre size for your wheels, so stick to that size.

If KwikFit won't supply those, then get them elsewhere. I've had my Focus Zetec for 7 years and have never had a single problem getting that size.
99 Focus 1.8 Zetec - Correct Tyres - jc2
I got that size at a good price from my local Formula1 Autocentre.
99 Focus 1.8 Zetec - Correct Tyres - isettaman
Just Tyres usually have some good deals, I've used them for the past two years.

Dave