Audi A6 2.5 TDI locking problem - hamsterdangler
O.K. I have a December 1999 Audi A6 2.5 TDI Avant. I like the car but a problem keeps arising. The car locks all doors when achieving a speed of about 15 mph. Infuriatingly, and quite frequently when turning a sharp corner or riding over a sharp bump in the road, the doors suddenly unlock and all interior lights come on, and there are a lot of interior lights. If the car is left in this condition the battery will just flatten. To get the system working again I need to turn the engine off and remove the key, open the drivers door and lock the car one or two times with the remote key. When the interior lights go off it is fine. Could it just be a bad socket connection or I suspect there may be a system where in the event of an accident, the central locking would unlock all doors automatically upon impact and there may be a problem with such a system. I do not know where the central locking module is in this car.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards, Michael
Audi A6 2.5 TDI locking problem - Aprilia
I believe that the central locking control module on this car is located in the front passenger footwell. They are not a particularly reliable unit and the location doesn't help. Take a look at the unit and check for damage to the wiring loom and also check for possible water ingress/damage.