Toyota RAV4 OBDC 2 Compliant? - Perfection
Hi Posters,

Just checking before I go ahead to buy a fault code scanner for the RAV4 2001 model. Is the RAV4 has the OBDC 2 compliant diagnostics?

Also is the electrical connectors universal? I think the scanner about ot buy is 21 pins. Its on eBay for around £60, is it worth it?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Perfect.
Toyota RAV4 OBDC 2 Compliant? - Aprilia
If its petrol engine then, yes, it should be EOBD compliant (i.e. the Euro version of OBDII).
The connector should have 16 pins and be located in the lower dash area below the steering column shroud.

Not sure what you are buying from Ebay but Gendan make some decent basic kit for under £100 that you can plug into your laptop - more useful than a basic scanner, and being a UK company you have some chance of decent technical back-up.
Aprilla

Thanks for your suggestion. You're right that buying from Gendan is better than eBay. I just had a look at this at Gendan, www.gendandirect.co.uk/product_STNISO.html hope it will work with the Petrol RAV 4 I have.

I think it's worth investing into one of these tool. Toyota what to charge about £50 for a fault code diagnostic. The fault maybe simpel to fix, so I'm going to buy this diagnostic.

Regards,

Perfect.
Forgot to ask, is it the PWM or the ISO I need to buy from www.gendandirect.co.uk ??