tyre fitting - milkyjoe
as a lot of people on this site know you can get some good deals on tyres on ebay but who are the cheapest for getting them fitted ie you take said tyres to fitter to get them fitted, i know their in it to sell tyres but what would be a reasonable charge for a fitter to just change your tyres for you? thanks
tyre fitting - Aprilia
Mount, valve and balance is typically £10 for me.

To be honest I've never really found tyres any cheaper than I can get them by haggling at the local non-national tyre centre. I've looked at Blackcircles, Mytyres etc., but by the time you add fitting they are no cheaper, or even more expensive.
tyre fitting - Clk Sec
About £10 per wheel.

Clk Sec
tyre fitting - bell boy
if you want to get fit, buy a manual bead breaker and do the tyres yourself.
did this today on a transit rim as it wont fit on the machine i have
it sure gets the heart beating faster :-)
or a £10 per rim plus he takes the old casing (keeps the clipboard men happy)
tyre fitting - Dynamic Dave
Local Vauxhall garage charged me £6.50 (per wheel, inclusive of vat) for fitting & balancing last year when I asked them to fit 2 tyres bought from mytyres.co.uk.
tyre fitting - milkyjoe
cheers dd
tyre fitting - Dynamic Dave
Talking of mytyres, if you goto their website, they list companies in your area and the price they charge for fitting.

www.mytyres.co.uk/start.html

::edit:: that link just takes you to the homepage. Once there, click on "Your fitting service companies" on the RH side of the page.

I should point out however that they only display companies that have actually bothered registering with them. Best bet is to arm yourself with the Yellow pages and ring around a few companies.
tyre fitting - JamesH
I should point out however that they only display companies that have actually bothered registering
with them. Best bet is to arm yourself with the Yellow pages and ring around
a few companies.

I'll also point out that they also display comapnies that haven't bothered deregistering. I called a local one but they told me that 'they don't deal with MyTyres anymore'. That said, they are still on the website a year later.