Motorways in the 'flood zone' - daveyjp
We are currently holding off a trip to Cardiff - should have gone tonight, but we have seen it is still raining in the south west and having lived in Gloucester know the problems we could encounter.

We are considering tomorrow, but are the M42, M5, M50 passable? Five live were saying avoid the M5 between junctions 7 and 11, but no websites or ceefax pages say there is a problem on any motorway.

Anyone more local than me know anymore?
Motorways in the 'flood zone' - Pica
Could I add the M1 from Ascot to Buxton too
Motorways in the 'flood zone' - rtj70
My guess would be roads clear but... do you really need to travel and end up in the chaos?? Is it urgent you go just in case. If visiting family they might only worry. M50 was closed at the weekend at J2 for example.

If you do travel take care.
Motorways in the 'flood zone' - bell boy
good one rt i sent the wife out in the floods 2 weeks ago for more beer and shes not come back yet
Motorways in the 'flood zone' - Nsar
Where are you travelling from? Perhaps people could suggest alternatives which by-pass the flood zone and take in some interesting scenery/pubs of outstanding natural beauty?
Motorways in the 'flood zone' - Altea Ego
>by pass the flood zone and take in some interesting scenery/pubs of outstanding natural beauty?

err - they ARE the flood zone and no longer areas of interesting scenery/pubs/natural beauty.

------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Motorways in the 'flood zone' - henry k
>>but no websites or ceefax pages say there is a problem on any motorway.
>>
The following website does provide the information
tinyurl.com/2vbt89
Many motorway signs say "Floods forcast M5 J 7-11"

Click on the " Roadside message signs" box
Then click on the black boxes on the map to read ther actual signs displayed.

www.traffic-england.co.uk/TCC/ for anywhere in the UK
Motorways in the 'flood zone' - Stuartli
I remember going up and down the M5 in the 1990s and seeing large areas under flood.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Motorways in the 'flood zone' - daveyjp
Did the trip last Tuesday morning and if it hadn't been for TV coverage you wouldn't have been aware of floods. Only flooded area we saw was where the M50 cross the Severn south of Upton on Severn, but flooding there isn't unusual. We saw a couple of drinking water tankers on the M5. The Wye was at the top of it's banks at Ross too, but no flooding.

On the way back yesterday I had one of those 'you think you've seen it all moments'. An extremely impatient driver decided he was too important to remain in the traffic where the M42 and M6 toll merge (6 lanes going to 4), so decided to overtake me on the cross hatching, then remained in the outside lane until 300m before the M42 splits and then made his move to join the M42. Avoid any 03 registered 2.0TDi Zafiras in dark blue registered in Birmingham - this thing was smoking like the Ttitanic and giving out huge lumps of black smoke during cruise - I'm sure his three unstrapped kids enjoyed the rollercoaster ride though.