Broken Remote fob for a Honda. - catcher
The remote fob for my car (Honda) has broken i.e the plastic round where the key ring goes has snapped so it's no longer attached to the key. I've tried gluing it back together for the time being but I wonder if it's possible to get a new case for it or is it likely to be a new one from the dealer which I would imagine isn't cheap!
Thanks
Catcher

slight tweak to subject line - PU
Broken Remote fob for a Honda. - piggy
Try abacuscaralarms.co.uk, or have a look on Ebay.
Broken Remote fob for a Honda. - storme
ebay i just bought one for a fiver
--
sometimes a little bit too much opinion....but its only because i care !!!
Thanks for the replies. If buying one off ebay, how easy are they to programme or do you have to take it to a dealer to do it?
Regards
Catcher

Broken Remote fob for a Honda. - R75
Which honda remote is it? There are different kinds, if it is the long'ish oval one with either 2 or 3 buttons then you can programme them yourself (well I could anyway) Mine was for a 1999 Shuttle. Details can be got via google for free.
Yes, it's the oval one with 3 buttons. I'll do a Google and have a look, thanks.
Catcher
Broken Remote fob for a Honda. - R75
www.honda-acura.net/forums/showthread.php?p=246997...9

Is where I got the info from, it is the 2nd set of instructions, up to 3 remotes etc. HTH
Broken Remote fob for a Honda. - dxp55
Have a look at this site www.autolocksmiths.net/# pick your area - SWMBO broke her Toyota key - blade broke off the fob and we got a key and separate fob from a local locksmith from this site for a fraction of cost of Toyota genuine part and it works fine.
Broken Remote fob for a Honda. - Halmer
CATCHER

You may be able to get one off EBay and replace the bits that are broken and keep all the old OK electric circuit bits.

This is what I did for my Passat. paid out £5 instead of £100!
Don't know if this link will work.

search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trks...b

Just type in 'Honda key fob' or something similar.
Many thanks for the replies everyone. I've looked on ebay and there's one or two that match mine. I'm going to give it a go.
Regards
Catcher
Good luck and let us know how you go on!!