C-Max coolant level - Ravenger
I've just been topping up the window washer fluid in my C-Max and noticed the coolant in the expansion tank is below the min level. My drive slopes somewhat, so I'm going to move the car to a flat area to double-check, but it's certainly nowhere near the max level. It recently had its first service, and the coolant level wasn't flagged up then, but I must confess I don't check it myself regularly.

I was wondering how normal it is to have to top up the coolant level, given that the car is only just over a year old, with 12,000 miles.
C-Max coolant level - yorkiebar
odd as it sounds check it when on level ground.

had a Fiesta jacked up the other day and noticed coolant looked low. Let jack down and lifted the other side and it looked low again (by a long way).

But put the car on level ground and it was perfect within a mm or 2. Why it looks low when at an angle is surprising.
C-Max coolant level - mss1tw
Why it looks low when at an angle is surprising.

Why?
C-Max coolant level - bell boy
its better than topping the master brake cylinder up then remembering you have to fit new pads :-(
its better than topping the master brake cylinder up then remembering you have to fit new pads :-(

Never done that 1 (he lied)
Because you would expect some of the coolant to be over the mark and some under it. For all of it to virtually "dissappear" surprised me and I have seen under a lot of bonnets!