Changing a cambelt on the PSA 1.9 lump - Quinny
Actually it's on my Citroen Berlingo van,which as we all know,comes from the same stable as the Peugeot Partner van.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide to do it?

Cheers.

PSU changed to PSA in the subject line, if I'm wrong tell me ! - PU
Changing a cambelt on the PSA 1.9 lump - GregSwain
Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide to do it?

Yes - take it to your local indie mechanic. PSA thought it was a good piece of design to plonk an engine mount in the middle of the belt, which needs to be disconnected (and engine jacked up) if you want to get the new belt on in one piece. Save yourself the hassle!
Changing a cambelt on the PSA 1.9 lump - Number_Cruncher
>>PSA thought it was a good piece of design to plonk an engine mount in the middle of the belt...

From an NVH point of view, it *is* good design. Ideally, the engine mount would be right where the cam pulley is, and the usual compromise is to put it just below there, encircled by the cam belt.

There is another way to do it, where you make the principal elastic axes of two inclined mountings cross just in front of the cam pulley, and make the stiffness of the other two orthogonal principal axes of each mounting much lower.

From a maintenance point of view, it's awful design, but not restricted to PSA.

Number_Cruncher
Changing a cambelt on the PSA 1.9 lump - RichardW
Believe me, you want to take the engine mount off anyway - regardless of the fact the belt runs through it!

Any Haynes Pug / Cit diesel manual covers changing this belt in pretty good detail - although there will probably be differences in later engines (depending if it's a DW8 or HDi). Any mechanic will probably have done loads, and will knock it off no problems. It's not likely to be a quick job though (3-4hours usually).
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Changing a cambelt on the PSA 1.9 lump - GregSwain
My ex used to have a Pug 205D, and was quoted £180 for a belt change - only about £30 of that was the belt! Not a cheap job, just be thankful it's got 72,000 mile/6 year intervals!
Changing a cambelt on the PSA 1.9 lump - pendulum
The cambelt on mine was done 25,000 miles ago and 3 years ago so I have a while left but I was planning on having a go at doing it myself when it's due. Doesn't look too hard?

I've supported engines underneath before whilst the engine mount has been removed, wasn't too hard at all, I realise this engine is mounted at an angle but still it can't be that hard to support it? If that is the hardest part of the cambelt change I'd be surprised ;)
Changing a cambelt on the PSA 1.9 lump - autumnboy
I know the engine in a 306 or ZX. Not sure about in yours, but theres not much room to play with getting the covers off and putting in the relevent dowels etc as said in the Haynes. The biggest problem you'll have is getting the crankshaft pulley bolt undone as its tight and you must have the car raised off the floor to get enough movement of the socket bar. Also you'll need this to be a good quality and sturdy bar and socket.

Good luck.

PS. be prepared for a few cuts and grazes on your knuckles and arms.