01 Nissan Maxima - Running Rough - liddelljohn
I have a 2001 Nissan Maxima 2litre V6,

Over the last 2 years it has had the coils replaced 3 times and the ECU changed and O2 sensor changed . car still runs rough only fires on 4 or 5 cylinders most of the time .

Nissan UK say this problem is common to this model , they do not have a clue how to cure it . THe USA Nissan website are full of the same problems on this model only affects 1999 year up models not the earlier ones,

It is long out of warranty and the repairs are expensive but futile Nissan have only charged me 50% labour due to the problems but do not seem any nearer to a solution. I have had the coils and ECU checked by independent garages also using industry diagnostics and no one knows how to cure this persistent problem.

any ideas ?

JCL

Leaving this in Tech for now with a an altered subject line. Feel free to post in Discussion as well for now if you want in case it attracts some interest in there. Bit of an 'ybrid this one ! - PU
01 Nissan Maxima - Running Rough - bell boy
any ideas ?
>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>sell it before you go bald mate
01 Nissan Maxima - Running Rough - scrapmetal
Is the mil light on? Its very hard to diagnose a fault on these nissans without some sort of fault code.

Which oxygen sensor was changed? There are 4 of them on this model.
01 Nissan Maxima - Running Rough - Aprilia
I am guessing you have had the fault code P1320 (ign coil primary). This is a well known problem on the 2000-2001 A33-series QX. The solution is to change all 6 coils at the same time. The new ones will be a slightly different design. Takes about 45 mins (fronts are easy, rears less so).
If you have had all the coils changed then consider that there may be fault in the wiring harness. Swap a known good coil onto a misfiring cylinder - if the misfire doesn't 'move' then its probably a defect in the wiring - trace it back and look for damage.
Another fault to consider is defective knock sensor - again a code will show for this.
Codes can be read via a scan tool (e.g. Consult II) or via flash codes on the dash MIL which you can read yourself.