Peugeot 106 1.5 Diesel Head Bolts - TUD5 - joey0027
Hi guys,

Does anybody know what size Torx socket I need for the head bolts on the Peugeot 106 1.5 Diesel? The new bolts I have show the size as M11 if that helps. I could probably use an 11mm socket but I don't want to risk damaging the heads.

Any ideas of the cheapest place to acquire online?

I also need to find a angular torque gauge to complete the job.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards.
Peugeot 106 1.5 Diesel Head Bolts - TUD5 - Peter D
A socket will not do this job, visit you local motor factors and buy there to avoid postage. Regards Peter
Peugeot 106 1.5 Diesel Head Bolts - TUD5 - Lud
Angular torque gauge is normally called a torque wrench I think. It will cost a lot more than a whole set of decent Torx sockets.

Peugeot 106 1.5 Diesel Head Bolts - TUD5 - jc2
An angle gauge is not a torque wrench-you will probably need both-Halfords or your local accessory shop.
Peugeot 106 1.5 Diesel Head Bolts - TUD5 - joey0027
Thanks for your replies guys.

Do we know though what size torx socket I need though i.e. E12, E14 etc.

Many thanks.
Peugeot 106 1.5 Diesel Head Bolts - TUD5 - astralpilot
Bolts will be the same as my AX 1.5 so i'ts a E14
Peugeot 106 1.5 Diesel Head Bolts - TUD5 - thomp1983
argos do a torque wrench for £15 it's not to bad really an did well in a few motoring magazine reviews aswell. i don't usually other with an angle guage, i just work it out as a set number of 90 degree turns etc. until you get to the required degree. for example 270 degrees is, one turn from 3 o clock to 9 o clock then one from 3 o clock to 6 o clock

chris
Peugeot 106 1.5 Diesel Head Bolts - TUD5 - yorkiebar
Normall angle tightening bolts require an initial torque figure. Use a torque wrench for this bit.

Then, as thomp says its just a matter of turning it the right amount of degrees as required.

If doing it this way, after the initial torque setting put a dab of white paint on1 edge of each bolt and then angle tighten them equally. If done correctly all the paint dabs will still line up and will show the angle turned etc. hth

1 word of warning though. At each angle turn, the turn should be done in 1 fluid movement not a sequence of little bits, so make the paint dab easy to see as you are turning the bolt. Lining it up by eye before turning so you know where the wrench, paint dab or other identifying mark will end up.

Peugeot 106 1.5 Diesel Head Bolts - TUD5 - Number_Cruncher
>>If doing it this way, after the initial torque setting put a dab of white paint on1 edge of each bolt and then angle tighten them equally. If done correctly all the paint dabs will still line up and will show the angle turned etc. hth

I like that idea, and I think I'll use it in future - Normally, I tend to just go for it, and hope that I don't get disturbed halfway through the procedure!

Incidentally, as long as you turn through the right angle give or take, say 10%, you will still be putting a more accurately known stretch in the bolts than if you used a top quality torque wrench!

Number_Cruncher