Kia Sedona - how good are these cars? - matstro
Lots of car for the money and I know a few people who swear by them. Just seen an 01 plate 2.9 diesel on autotrader with 41K on the clock for around £4000. How good are these cars really? Build quality, reliabilty, parts costs etc? I know they are a bit tankish to drive but nevertheless seem great value...........
Kia Sedona - how good are these cars? - Pendlebury
I've had a few as hire cars and was impressed with them for the money.
I wasn't convinced they would last along time before the rattles would start and bits coming off - but as you say a lot of car for the money.

Freudian slip corrected - PU
Kia Sedona - how good are these cars? - Pendlebury
edited the original post for you ! - PU
Kia Sedona - how good are these cars? - Altea Ego
2* ncap rating tho
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Kia Sedona - how good are these cars? - jase1
... which isn't surprising since they're based on an old Mitsubishi MPV which never made it to these shores, which itself shared a floorpan with the Chrysler Voyager.

The newer one is a much better design and has modern safety features, reflected in the respectable 4-star rating.

It must be said that the older one (and the Voyager) got a decent NCAP rating in the States -- this is one more example of cars being built to pass tests, rather than actually being safe. Don't be too swayed by the 5-star ratings on some cars.
Kia Sedona - how good are these cars? - Altea Ego
I wouldnt trust the NHTSB crash tests as far as i could throw them. The gave the voyager 4 stars even tho one of the rear sliding doors opened in the crash test.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Kia Sedona - how good are these cars? - jase1
I would tend to agree.

But as I say, I don't trust *any* of the safety bodies. Crashes are not something you can easily quantify, and rigid one-off testing systems are asking for the (widespread and common) practice of engineering cars to pass tests.

It is a marketing gimmick and no more. The Swedish version of the AA puts out real-world figures which are much more believable, and it is a pity that each EU government doesn't make their equivalents do the same.
Kia Sedona - how good are these cars? - PoloGirl
Are these the ones you used to get a free bike with?

Kia Sedona - how good are these cars? - bell boy
Are these the ones you used to get a free bike with?
i just choked on this

at least rover gave free AA membership
Kia Sedona - how good are these cars? - tr7v8
Fair few in Chatham as cabs, nice to ride in & very spacious. Owners all seem happy as well, most I've been in are over 100K & no more rattles than say a Octavia or Suerb which are also common.
Kia Sedona - how good are these cars? - Round The Bend
"Are these the ones you used to get a free bike with"

No - you used to get a free Sedona with the bike ................
_______
IanS
Kia Sedona - how good are these cars? - Imagos
Pre 2006 Sedonas have a diabolical turning circle. Possibly as bad as the Queen Mary.

Virtually every one i've dealt with has scrapes to the front bumper corners because of this, so check carefully for botched repair jobs.