M40 J5 cameras - MGspannerman
Twice this week I have seen a police safety camera van parked to the side of the bridge over the M40 at junction 5 with a series of cameras set up on the bridge scanning the traffic travelling north on the London to Oxford carriageway. Just for luck there was an additional camera set up to catch anybody travelling on the Stokenchurch to Ibstone road that crosses the motorway at this point. The van is tucked into the bushes at the side of the bridge to, no doubt, avoid distracting drivers coming up the motorway. I can imagine the operator sitting in the van drinking tea watching the numbers click round as drivers on this fast stretch are caught. So in case you are in the area - take note!

MGs
M40 J5 cameras - Peter D
These are not speed cameras, probably ANPR cameras recording car movements and registrations rather than their speed. Perhaps they are looking for cars associated to recent events and catching a few un-taxed un-insured and no MOT owners along the way. Regards Peter
M40 J5 cameras & M1 J23/23A - hxj
Similar camera vans have been there as well. With a police car sat in a hard standing area off the hard shoulder ready to pounce.

My only problem with them is the way that those speeding slam on their brakes right at the last moment! Far too late if they were speed cameras. Although of course all those speeding are far more observant and safer drivers than those who don't. :-)
M40 J5 cameras & M1 J23/23A - Altea Ego
Probably due to the two rather large rather fatal accidents that happened round that section recently.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >