Hyundai Getz -11k 55 reg-tyre wear - doog
Both front tyres shot after 11k of normal/town driving by my good lady :school run and minor commuting.Owned from new. No kerbing (that ive been told of) tyre pressures maintained...drives straight

was expecting at least 25k. is 11k normal or were they fitted with cheap tyres?

shall I get the geometry done with the new tyres?
Hyundai Getz -11k 55 reg-tyre wear - bell boy
think these are the same as the amica?
then get the front wishbone bushes checked as they go mushy very quickly
bush £18
arm £115
dont know if your warranty covers this
Hyundai Getz -11k 55 reg-tyre wear - jase1
More similar to the Accent than the Amica -- but yes the wishbone bushes do seem to wear quite rapidly unfortunately on small Hyundais.
Hyundai Getz -11k 55 reg-tyre wear - jase1
Having said that, the tyres shouldn't be wearing this quickly. I got 43,000 miles out of the fronts on the Accent (as I say mechanically very similar), and the rears still had about 3.5mm on them when the car met an unfortunate end at 65,000 miles.

The tyres are basic Kumho or Hankook, and don't seem to wear quickly at all!!
Hyundai Getz -11k 55 reg-tyre wear - stunorthants26
My mums Coupe V6 went through its front tyres in 26k but this was due to the local speed bumps constantly knocking the tracking out and uneven wear on the edges. Had it not been for this, they would have lasted a fair while longer as the rest of the tyres had atleast another 20k on them and the car is driven fairly hard at times.

Id ask the misses to give up the drag racing down the school :-)
Hyundai Getz -11k 55 reg-tyre wear - maddog999
Hyundai Getz - Reg May 2008. 9900 miles by May 2009 Front Tyres Totalled. Inside edge through to wire. Dealer said this is normal for small front wheel drive car. Geometry checked - OK. Tyres maintained. What you save on road tax you will spend on tyres. £320 + for first service (including two tyres)! Changing back to bigger car.
Hyundai Getz -11k 55 reg-tyre wear - midlifecrisis
We got out of main dealer servicing quickly..five year warranty or not! As you've found, very expensive. Mrs MLC went through tyres quickly on her Getz, but they wear cheapo ones. Fitted Avons (still budget) and they seem yo be doing OK.
Hyundai Getz -11k 55 reg-tyre wear - bell boy
maddog999
see my post from years ago
Hyundai Getz -11k 55 reg-tyre wear - Rattle
It sounds like a bit of bull to me, one of my dads cheap Nexens has done 25,000 miles and its now down to 2.5mm so needs replacing but its lasted so long it is a small car. 9000 dosn't sound right, my friend got 30,000 out of her original Conential Premium Contacts on her Clio.
Hyundai Getz -11k 55 reg-tyre wear - stunorthants26
My Charade is on its original tyres despite what seems unfounded reputation for fronts not lasting long yet it has 41500 miles on it. Hankooks all round.