Citroen ZX 1.9 diesel cooling problem - RonRumbol
The radiator fan on my Citroen ZX has just recently started to stay on at the end of a journey and eventually switch off after a short time. The temperature gauge shows 80 more or less all the time once warmed up, so it doesn't seem to be overheating. It has never done this before only when it is very hot and stuck in traffic and usually the temperature goes up to about 100.
I have bled the cooling system but it has made no difference, any ideas?
Citroen ZX 1.9 diesel cooling problem - Lud
Sounds more or less normal to me for a car that's been getting hot in traffic to leave the fan on for a short time. Sounds as if the cooling system is working properly.

It isn't quite clear from the OP whether the conditions of use have changed. For example a gentle drive through a town at night won't heat a car up much, while crawling traffic on a hot day soon will.
Citroen ZX 1.9 diesel cooling problem - Martin1981
80-82 deg is the normal running temperature for these engines. The temp going up to 100deg before the fan cuts in, seems a bit high. The fan on my 306TD cuts in when the temp reaches 90 deg- which is usually when I'm stuck in traffic or driving hard up a long hill climb on a hot day.

Martin
Citroen ZX 1.9 diesel cooling problem - bathtub tom
I've seen something similar on a car shortly after it was driven through long grass. The radiator matrix was partially clogged with grass seeds.
Citroen ZX 1.9 diesel cooling problem - autumnboy
It could be a faulty sensor in the Radiator turning the fans on at too low a temperature.

When you say you have Bled the system, have you done it the proper way as said in the Haynes Bible with a container in the rad to keep the water level high while bleeding.
Citroen ZX 1.9 diesel cooling problem - L'escargot
It sounds normal to me. Take the gauge readings with a pinch of salt ~ every instrument has inaccuracies. The main thing is that it should be consistent for a given set of circumstances.
--
L\'escargot.