02 front carpets - Buscy
Its supposed to be an all purpose vehicle. It has front carpets with no heel mat or overmats and a hole has appeared in the drivers side carpet within 1,400 miles of supply from new by the local (large) Honda dealer. The dealer gets a call.

Conversation:
My CR-V has this hole in the driver's side carpet. Its only done 1,400 miles since I bought it from you.
Bring it round, we'll have a look.

Once there, service receptionist gets two other people to have a look.

We don't get any trouble with these, do we guys?
Well, what about this hole in my carpet?
Never seen that before. What kind of shoes do you normally wear to drive it?
Its supposed to be an all purpose vehicle. What does it matter what shoes I wear?
All we can do is order a new carpet and fit it.
What if that wears through in another 1,400 miles?................................

Anybody else had this problem? If so, what response from your dealer / Honda UK?

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 18/02/2008 at 21:11

Re: 2002 Honda CR-V front carpets - T.Lucas
Er,change your boots or fit some strong protective mats,now that cant be difficult,can it?
Re: 2002 Honda CR-V front carpets - Robert
T.Lucas. Are you the one that I'm looking for?
Re: 2002 Honda CR-V front carpets - Buscy
Why should I change my boots?(its not my car by the way) Honda should surely fit carpets with heel mats, particularly in a vehicle of this type.
Re: 2002 Honda CR-V front carpets - Flat in Fifth
Obviousy an ex BR employee, wrong sort of snow becomes wrong sort of shoes.

Seriously though, a girlfriend (at uni before I knew SWMBO) persuaded me to accompany her to the shoe shop as one of her shoes had bust.

Shoe shop manager: And what were you doing when this happened miss?
GF: Walking back from the pub last night.
SB: Please X don't mention we were bladdered.
SSM: Ah these are fashion shoes miss, not meant for walking in!
Re: 2002 Honda CR-V front carpets - Buscy
So that must equate to: 'Don't put your feet on the driver's side carpet sir, its not made for that type of use' What a load of bo#####s!! Its an 'occasional' off road and leisure activity vehicle. Should the drivers all wear carpet slippers? Even my X plate old model Mondeo has heel patches and came supplied from nearly new with 'Ford in business' mats.