Car for sale question - top turkey
Hi all.

I'm slowly inching closer to getting an S60 D5 and, in my search, have come across something odd.

Car supermarket X in Cheshire has car for sale with photo. Great. Car supermarket Y in East Midlands has the EXACT same car for sale (ie same car and reg) with "in transit" and no photo. Car appears on ebay under the name of supermarket Y.

To the best of my (limited) knowledge, X and Y are not part of the same group.

Is this normal or potentially a bit suspect, as I've never purchased from either X or Y?

Spoke to Y on the 'phone and they know nothing about the car ("it's not showing on the computer") and waiting response back from X.

Over to the experts......

TT
--
Top Turkey - the fastest hands in Brum
Car for sale question - bell boy
are you sure they didnt download a photo from the web and use this?
i used to do this for autotrader in the days before digital camels a

like this ;-) tinyurl.com/yo3xrj
Well, the photo at X looks genuine and appears to be taken from the forecourt of the supermarket. The reg can be clearly seen.

What I can't understand is how/why Y can also be selling the same car when it is an entirely different outlet.

Like the link to my big brother by the way! ;-)

TT
--
Car for sale question - bell boy
there could be many reasons really
maybe they are drinking pals and move stock between them to keep things looking fresh
they may be using the hpi finder for cars and reckon they could do a deal with other trader if any interest
why dont you sound them out?
Car for sale question - Aprilia
I think you are talking about Fords of Winford and Availablecar. They are actually linked companies and they shuttle cars between the sites. If a customer sees something on the FoW list and wants to see it then it can be shipped down to Availablecar.
A lot of the cars are ex-rental, ex-lease etc. Stock is a bit variable in quality - some excellent, some a bit tatty. As a company though, they seem to operate very fairly and 'WYSIWYG'.
Ah, so mind reading is one of your many skills Aprilia?! [Either that or your knowledge of the motortrade is boundless!] ;-)

The S60 D5 they have has 19k on the clock and from just the two photos looks OK.

Thanks anyway. Much appreciated.

TT

--