VW Golf 1.6 LS W reg petrol - frontrow
Each day the car will start no problem. Will run for about 10 minutes then when travelling will just cut out. Will not start for a few minutes then be okay.
This can then happen at any time when driving.
Can travel at any speed and the car will just switch off. No stuttering or miss-firing. The car has been put on the computor and no faults have been found.
New electric coil and dis cap fitted.
Any help would be great.

Thanks
VW Golf 1.6 LS W reg petrol - Peter D
What happens to the dask board when this happens. ?? Regards Peter
Hi Pete.
Thanks for the reply.
The lights on the ignition all come on. Oil etc. Thought it might be earth lead but plenty of power from battery and starter motor.

Ta

Roy
VW Golf 1.6 LS W reg petrol - Screwloose

Engine code?
Unknown.
How can i get this info??

Thanks

Have a look on the cam-belt cover label for one of these 3-letter codes ; [all identify different systems used on a Golf 1.6 Y2000]

ATN/AUS/AZD/AEH/AKL/AKS/AVU/APF
Sorry for the delay.
AFT.

Sorry; that one's not listed.
Okay but thanks for showing an interest.
VW Golf 1.6 LS W reg petrol - George Porge
If there is no faults stored I'd look at the engine power relay or the ignition switch ( do you have a large bunch of keys hanging off the ignition switch?) No faults stored in the ecu points to it being turned off at the point the car stalls.

VW Golf 1.6 LS W reg petrol - MerlinTec
Yes had this on one you can tap the relay and it would restart.
VW Golf 1.6 LS W reg petrol - yorkiebar
Screwloose, I list AFT as Golf 1.6 1991 - 1998 74kw (100 din) at 5800 rpm if that helps with your train of thoughts
yorkie

Hmm; that would make this a MkIII Golf - but on a W-plate??? [Is this a cabriolet?]

Still; an AFT is fitted with a relay 30 [which was the reason for needing the code as many aren't] so that's two people that think this is a cracked solder joint inside it.
Thanks to eveyone for their input.
Will look into the relay and hopefully come back with a result.