Ford 6000 cd - Aagggghhhhh! - focused
Hello,

I am having trouble with a Ford 6000 Cd player, as it is working but does not respond to any buttons except the Volume switch. I cannot eject the CD that is in the player and I cannot operate it with the Dash control either. Please can anybody help.
Ford 6000 cd - Aagggghhhhh! - bathtub tom
Isn't there a small (almost pin-sized) hole near the CD drive that you can get a paper clip or something similar in to eject the CD?
After that, give it a reset - RTFB (Read The Flipping Book).
I have looked for a pin hole and there isn't anything there and I have looked through the book and there is no mention of any type of reset function. Any ideas ?
Ford 6000 cd - Aagggghhhhh! - bell boy
either find the main fuse and pull this out or if you can pull its unbilical cord out do this,as if you were tuning your computer on and off when it locks
i assume you have de radio code
.*********
Ford 6000 cd - Aagggghhhhh! - bell boy
what is that supposed to mean?
Sorry I don't know what happened there. I have tried it and the stereo won't let me put the code in as none of the controls function. I guess it's dead! Thanks anyway it was worth a try and thanks for helping.
Ford 6000 cd - Aagggghhhhh! - Dynamic Dave
Sorry I don't know what happened there.

Whatever you typed was removed by the swearfilter.

DD.
Ford 6000 cd - Aagggghhhhh! - dxp55
I know this isn't a 6000 but my Clarion CD radio had same-ish symptoms -display was on permanent but no sound and wouldn't respond to any controls - in desperation I removed it and took it to a local garden shed electrical repair shop - he changed a transistor thingy for £50 and all is well - with the multi changer and Parrot H/F kit I didn't want hassle of fitting complete new kit.
you could also try asking on here - there is an Audio section in forums and they might have heard of problem before. www.fordmondeo.org/forum/index.php?