Police van in the floods....... - Chris White
Don't know if people have seen this as it's travelled around the 'net,

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvdpYgX4f7Q

Chris
Police van in the floods....... - pendulum
It has been posted on the back room before, but can't remember which thread. It certainly has been spreading though hasn't it! I've seen it on 3 of the forums I frequent at the moment.

{it was posted by mss1tw yesterday -

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=e&t=53...1 - DD}
Police van in the floods....... - Simon
That made me laugh - the commentary was funny too.
Police van in the floods....... - Screwloose

Wouldn't have been so much of a laugh for the local taxpayers - I'm sure that they'd rather have the police spend £7000 of their rates on catching criminals, not new engines.

The idiot driver should have been sacked.
Police van in the floods....... - Kuang
Bad judgement call without question, but rather than pointing the finger and laughing, I just hope that the call the driver was trying that hard to attend didn't result in too much trouble for anyone.
Police van in the floods....... - Hamsafar
The saddest thing about this is how the public have no respect for the Police these days, and vice versa, thanks to EU and New Labour, and Margaret Thatcher with the miners.
Police van in the floods....... - PoloGirl
I reckon that says more about the ****s giving the commentary and filming than the police.

At least the officers got out and pushed the van clear, and on it's way to whatever emergency that was, rather than blindly driving in and then sitting there expecting to be rescued, like countless stupid people I've seen on the news this week.

Some people are far too quick to criticise and take the mickey.
Police van in the floods....... - milkyjoe
so the stupid actions of one policeman ends up having to utilise several officers to bail him out , poor man management or keystone kops? you decide
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I can just see the local newspaper report "Local police fail to respond to 999 call for fear of getting their feet wet in flood."

snipquote
was the driver a regular plod or a special plod? in any case its pretty obvious that the water plod (fire brigade) would have been best deployed, or better still pologirl with her cape and unburstable tyres (this is not an advert for tyre inflation excessories)
Police van in the floods....... - Lud
Does the ribald behaviour of the man with the camera, and his cronies, really indicate 'disrespect for the Police', Ashok?

I thought a healthy dose of disrespect, tempered by a measure of common sense and a sense of justice, was an important part of our national character. Comic policemen have been a literary standby since Shakespeare. So have comic lawyers, judges and magistrates, not to mention comic politicians, aristocrats and generals. Need I go on?
Police van in the floods....... - Lud
The blip om the siren was just that, a blip on the siren. Doesn't necessarily indicate an emergency, more like: don't wade across the road, we're coming through. The van slows down, then the driver, obviously miscalculating the depth of the water, tries to charge through, not very prudently we all think.

It is definitely comic although like PoloGirl I can't help feeling sorry for the sodden and crestfallen plod.
Police van in the floods....... - Stuartli
This off-road mishap was found on the same link:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl2KgkRjDAg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Police van in the floods....... - DavidHM
This is fake, but funny...

... www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a_Z-ywTc4w&mode=related&s...=
Police van in the floods....... - bell boy
one has to ask oneself ,if one was the owner of the vehicle oneself ,would one go through such a large puddle, wouldnt one?
wooden top more like
Police van in the floods....... - Kuang
Does the ribald behaviour of the man with the camera, and his cronies, really indicate 'disrespect for the Police'

Not necessarily, but it does show a certain lack of concern for the people who were waiting for the police to arrive. If it had been an ambulance or a fire engine I doubt the response would have been similar.
>>If it had been an ambulance or a fire engine I doubt the response would have been similar.

Exactly!
snipquote
but with a bit of ground clearance
Police van in the floods....... - PhilW
Well, maybe it's just me, but it seems a pretty daft way to approach what was not a particularly deep flood. When the van came to rest the water was about half way up the wheels. If he had selected first or second gear, kept the revs up but the speed down (even by slipping the clutch a bit) he could have got through. It was the daft speed and the huge bow-wave he created that was the problem?
All IMVHO of course.
--
Phil
Police van in the floods....... - mazdaboy
Looks to me that the urgency to get to the call over-rode the thinking element before entering the water...
Police van in the floods....... - Simon
Well I thought it was hilarious anyway and I suppose living in Derbyshire means that I will be paying for that new engine the van most likely now requires. But it was still funny.
Police van in the floods....... - OldHand
Complete incompetence on part of the Police driver. I can't blame the onlookers for laughing.
Police van in the floods....... - flynn
Said Ashok:
The saddest thing about this is how the public have no respect for the Police these days, and vice versa, thanks to EU and New Labour, and Margaret Thatcher with the miners.

Hmm, not too sure how the Europeans, New Labour or even mad old Maggie are responsible for that. :)

Suspect it more likely to be similar displays of incompetence and lack of training. The idot police-driver whole lost control and hit a pram in our high street pavement didn't do much for the cause either. The was a time when there was respect for police drivers but until they improve the training they need to put a few more on push-bikes.
Police van in the floods....... - moonshine

Well, the driver was certainly a bit dumb going in that fast, but then they are only human and we all make mistakes. I didn't think the jeering by the crowd was a an issue, I'm sure that anyone who did that would have got a similar level of abuse. I'm sure that those coppers will get even worse abuse when they get back to the station!

Now the bit that I did find funny was a comment left on youtube:

"No doubt some of you have had your can of cider taken off you, or a speeding ticket in your Vauxhall Corsa with an ironing board sellotaped to the boot. "

...ironing board sellotaped to the boot - put a smile on my face!
Police van in the floods....... - Altea Ego
Its funny. Its really funny. Analyse it all you like, speculate on what happened, what outcomes may have been, debate how far society has dropped into the depths of depravity if you want.

However on any front the drivers was an asre and its really funny.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Police van in the floods....... - midlifecrisis
Well, I'm in the job and taking the incident in isolation, I thought it was hilarious. He/she will be in for a 'talking too' that's for sure.
Police van in the floods....... - injection doc
Fantastic! fell about with laughter then realised it would be tax payer's money to put a new engine in it!!!!!!!!!!. I thought it was a disgrace & total disrespect for expensive property!. I can remember being stopped by a copper in tonbridge in 1977 for driving too close to a kerb making splashes & was told it was an offence untill I pointed out that the only reason I was that close to the kerb was because he was sitting on my tail speeding up & dropping back with that intimidating anoyance. The bow wave created by the van could have caused further damage to property like broken windows if the water had been high enough!. I hope they ended up on the mat!
nether the less,well done chris
Police van in the floods....... - FotheringtonThomas
Had he driven carefully, he probably would have made it without trouble. You just can't get the drivers, these days.