Peugeot 306 locked brakes - peardrops
I posted here a while ago about the earths being a problem on my car. Now I have another issue.

Drove 1.5 miles today to Asda. Did my weekly shop, loaded it in and went to reverse the car. Just kept lifting into the air. Hubby was shouting at me that I was trying to mount the kerb, I assured him I wasn't. He got out to "guide" me out of the parking space. Car wouldn't move.

We eventually realised the handbrake or something was stuck. Rang the AA. They eventually turned up 2.5 hours later - they couldn't find Asda in a town where there is only one Asda!!! LOL.

He drove the car back and realised that the back passenger side brakes had locked. He took the wheel off to try and release the brake disc etc, it had pretty much ceased on.

They eventually then (another 2 hours later) sent a tow truck and has dropped my car at the local garage.

What sort of cost am I looking at? I admit the brakes haven't been changed since I've owned the car (3 years) and my aunt who had the car from new can't remember when she last had them done.

It needs to be done but I wonder who much I'm going to have to wallop my credit card with ......
Peugeot 306 locked brakes - peardrops
I was lucky I had driven to Asda though. My AA cover is for 1 mile from your home. I was 1.5 miles away! How lucky was that?
Peugeot 306 locked brakes - piston power
Not too expensive if they are rear brake shoes/w/cylinders etc. likley hand brake cable seized on holding brake shoe's against the drum, you may need a new cable,shoes, even wheel cylinders at a push!
As for prices not sure i fit all my own don't go to garages, if it is ABS with brake discs on the rear there slightly more costly calipers,discs,cables. good luck..
Peugeot 306 locked brakes - Simon
It could be something as simple as a broken brake shoe. I have seen it before where the lining parts from the backing plate and jams up the drum solid.
Peugeot 306 locked brakes - bell boy
yes simon its a typical pewgot problem where the shoe material comes unglued
as for the cost? then the garage might have to smash the drum to get to the problem
new drum £30
shoes£20
wheel cylinder £15? might be ok
labour £70

assuming everything else is ok