3% Cash Back From Shell - Vansboy
----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------

Not read thriough all the info yet, but just had long awaited literature from Citi, who will be operating the Shell Credit Card from July.

Briefly...

3% cashback on Shell fuel purchases (max £5000 per year) so not as good as it might be for business use, but fair for ordinarry customers.

1% on other purchases

extended warranty on DOMESTIC appliances - not sure if it's just washing machines etc, or tv's & cameras, sat nav & stuff)

price drop refund - if what you buy gets cheaper, for short period after purchase.

So looks an OK card, if you settle bill every month - certainly better than previous reward of Shellpoints.

Don't like the 0870 number for contact so 0800 130035 is from www.saynoto0870.com

www.shell.co.uk/smc

VB

3% Cash Back From Shell - Falkirk Bairn
As I pointed out yesterday

Free Car Legal Cover as well - Approx £20 / car/year for Free!!
3% Cash Back From Shell - boxsterboy
I wonder if it reimburses for fraudulent skimming of card details at Shell garages, like what happened to me ...
3% Cash Back From GE Money card - Armitage Shanks {p}
Excuse the slight thread drift! Somebody mentioned the GE Capital Card here some months ago. This gives 3% cashback on all fuel and major supermarket purchases. I do not know about Currys, Argos ,Debenhams etc as I haven't tried my card there. 3% credited quarterly in arrears is a lot better, for me at least, than N*ctar points or Air Miles.
3% Cash Back From GE Money card - flunky
Excuse the slight thread drift! Somebody mentioned the GE Capital Card here some months ago.
This gives 3% cashback

Not available any more.

You can get 1% on ALL spending from a few cards (such as this one).
4% for 3 months on Capital One, then 1% after that.
Amex Platinum pays a blended rate on the first £10,000, working out as 1% total blended rated on the first £13,500 (£135), then 1.5% above that. Except, you get 3% for the first 3 months
3% Cash Back From GE Money card - Armitage Shanks {p}
Well I've got one and got a statement this morning with a cashback credit of about £37 and I went on line to check out applying for one for a friend and there was an on-line application link. It may not give 3% but I am getting that rate at the moment and the card can still be applied for - it appears
3% Cash Back From Shell - flunky
From the T&Cs

"The maximum Shell Rebate you can earn each year will be (i) £150 in respect of fuel Purchases made at Shell petrol stations in Great Britain after which you will receive 0%, and (ii) £100 in respect of all other Qualifying Transactions. "

I.e. £100 is max for the 1% cashback - £10k/year. Not enough for me, might be ok for others.

Other benefits:

--
Travel Accident Insurance - somewhat useless - *not* proper travel insurance, if you pay using your card, and are on:

* any public transport (including flying), and also waiting in airport/train station/bus station
* a passenger in a hire car with chauffeur
* a driver or passenger in a rented vehicle

and you suffer

Accidental Death £100,000
Complete inability to work for the rest of your life £100,000
Total loss of sight in both eyes £100,000
Total loss of sight in one eye £50,000
Loss of two or more limbs £100,000
Loss of one limb £50,000
Total loss of sight in one eye and loss of one limb £100,000

The above benefits apply to the Cardholder. The Cardholder?s spouse will receive 50% of the above. The Cardholder?s Children will receive 25% of the above except for Accidental Death where a maximum of £5,000 is payable.

---
Extended Warranty - 1 year warranty extension. Only covers new electrical goods, costing under £1500, which *have to be registered with Shell within 90 days of purchase*. Warranty covers repair costs, but only if they cost *over* £50.

--
60-day Price Protection

Find the item cheaper within 60-days and get the difference back, but only if it's at least £25 and not more than £500, and not including internet prices and sales. Excludes computers, PDAs and software.

--
30-day Purchase Protection

If the item is stolen, or damaged by accident or fire within 30 days, get refund, repair or replacement (insurers' choice), and only if it is not covered by any other insurance policy. Maximum £1500/item.

--
Legal cover - up to £50k for motoring legal to recover costs where the other party is at fault

--
RAC discount - 30% off, supposedly, but the cheapest package is actually cheaper from the RAC website - however, you do get free joint cover with the citi/shell card

Better cashback is available from Amex Platinum if you spend over £10k/year, but this card looks pretty good.
3% Cash Back From Shell - Armitage Shanks {p}
Hi Flunky. We are both right - in a way! I get 3% cash back on major supermarket purchases and petrol/diesel and 0.5% on all other transactions but you are correct in that they are no longer accepting applications! I have just checked with them on the phone.
3% Cash Back From Shell - cheddar
I have got a Shell Visa so I assume I will get a Shell Mastercard to replace it.
I have got a Shell Visa so I assume I will get a Shell Mastercard
to replace it.

Seems so.

For some reason a lot of banks are stopping Visa and changing to Mastercard - Lloyds changed my card too.
3% Cash Back From Shell - AndyT
The new Shell card looked good to me, until I read the following note;

Quote, "Note: Great Britain excludes Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man, where you will receive 1%"

:0(
3% Cash Back From Shell - Blue {P}
I'm not surprised that they no longer take applications, I've got one of the GE Money credit cards and consider it to be one of the most sound financial moves I've ever made! :-)

I even got a sneaky 3% when buying my car as the second hand garage that I bought it from was also a petrol forecourt! :-)

Blue
I even got a sneaky 3% when buying my car as the second hand garage
that I bought it from was also a petrol forecourt! :-)

You were very lucky then, most dealers only take debit cards....
3% Cash Back From Shell - Falkirk Bairn
I even got a sneaky 3% when buying my car as the second hand garage
that I bought it from was also a petrol forecourt! :-)

The saleman was naive or you paid too much for the car.

The garage can normally pay between 1 & 2.x % on Credit card payments as against typical 25p on a Switch/Maestro payment.
3% Cash Back From Shell - RichardW
RE GE Money: Hope it keeps going for existing customers! Our 2 cards have turned in about £150 cash back this quarter. Nice. Was even better for the first while, when there was a glitch in the software and we got 3% on everything (about £400 IIRC!). If it doesn't continue, then I shall consider the Shell card as I usually buy Shell diesel (lots of it :-(()
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
3% Cash Back From Shell - cheddar
Bump came with posty this AM, cool!
3% Cash Back From Shell - edisdead {P}
New feature of GEM account is being able to check balance online. nice.